A manufacturing company produces three products A, B, & c. Each product is made of two raw materials X and Y. One unit of product A require 2units of X and 4units of Y; one unit of product b require 5units of X and 4units of Y; One unit of product C require 1unit of X and 2units of Y. The unit cost of raw materials X and Y are respectively $20 and $30. The product cost per unit are-: A $40, B $50 and C $60. The product sells for $400, $450, and $320 each for A, B and C. The weekly demand for these products are A 500units, B 700units and C 600units. A)Prepare the following matrices: 1)R;3by2 matrixes of ingredient or raw material requirements. 2)C;2by1 matrix of unit cost of raw materials. 3)P;3by1 matrix of direct production cost per unit for the product. 4)D;1by3 matrixes of weekly demand order. B)Compute unit requirement for producing each product,using any matrix method only. C)Identify any other matrix needed and compute profit or weekly contribution to profit for the given order,using matrix methods. D)Using matrix method, determine raw materials needed to meet this weekly demand.

A manufacturing company produces three products A, B, & c. Each product is made of two raw materials X and Y. One unit of product A require 2units of X and 4units of Y; one unit of product b require 5units of X and 4units of Y; One unit of product C require 1unit of X and 2units of Y. The unit cost of raw materials X and Y are respectively $20 and $30. The product cost per unit are-: A $40, B $50 and C $60. The product sells for $400, $450, and $320 each for A, B and C. The weekly demand for these products are A 500units, B 700units and C 600units.

A)Prepare the following matrices:

1)R;3by2 matrixes of ingredient or raw material requirements.

2)C;2by1 matrix of unit cost of raw materials.

3)P;3by1 matrix of direct production cost per unit for the product.

4)D;1by3 matrixes of weekly demand order.

B)Compute unit requirement for producing each product,using any matrix method only.

C)Identify any other matrix needed and compute profit or weekly contribution to profit for the given order,using matrix methods.

D)Using matrix method, determine raw materials needed to meet this weekly demand.

Grade:

2 Answers

SHAIK AASIF AHAMED
askIITians Faculty 74 Points
9 years ago
Hello student,
Please find my response to your question below
I think there is some data missing in your question so iam unable to interpret your query.Please check the question and repost it again so that i can provide you with a meaningful answer.
Janaki
13 Points
2 years ago
A company manufactures 3 products each of which requires certain amounts of 3 raw materials as well as labour. The matrix R sun
Summaries the requirements per unit of each product 
Raw materials 
   I    II    III    lab
    2   3   2     6     product A
R=3   2   8     8     product B
     4   2   5     4     product C
Raw materials requirements are stated in pounds and labour requirements in hours per unit. The three raw materials cost $2, $8 and $2.50 respectively. Labour costs are $8 per hour. Assume 800 2000 and 600 units of products A B and C to be produced.
i. Perform a matrix multiplication which computes total quantities of the 4 resources required to produce the desired quantities of products A B and C.
ii. Using your answer in part i. perform matrix multiplication which calculates the combined total cost of production .
Plz solve this question 🙏

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free