Sir I am interested only in CSE. I am getting CSE at all NIT’s. The ones that seem to interest me are Warangal, Surathkal and Allahabad. Now here’s the catch. I belong from North India (Delhi). Really looking at the brand, distance is not really an issue for me. I wish to pursue higher studies rather than go for placements. (MS). Now according to last year’s rankings I am supposedly supposed to go in the order of Warangal Surathkal Allahabad But my main concern is after reading a lot of reviews is that the coding culture is much better at allahabad than in Surathkal and Warangal. Looking at the fact that i will be going for a masters, should i take into account. If you could give me the order which i should choose please do suggest it to me (1. X, 2. Y, 3. Z). Thank You

Sir I am interested only in CSE.  I am getting CSE at all NIT’s.  The ones that seem to interest me are Warangal, Surathkal and Allahabad.  Now here’s the catch.  I belong from   North India (Delhi).  Really looking at the brand, distance is not really an issue for me.  I wish to pursue higher studies rather than go for placements.  (MS).  Now according to last year’s rankings I am supposedly supposed to go in the order of 

1. Warangal
  2. Surathkal
  3. Allahabad

But my main concern is after reading a lot of reviews is that the coding culture is much better at allahabad than in Surathkal and Warangal.  Looking at the fact that i will be going for a masters, should i take into account.  If you could give me the order which i should choose please do suggest it to  me (1. X, 2. Y, 3. Z).  

Thank You

Grade:12

6 Answers

Sunil Kumar
askIITians Faculty 183 Points
8 years ago
Hi
I agree with all your points. Your arguments are good. Yes you will have to do a master’s in future as well a PhD if necessary. And coding culture is better at IIIT Allahabad because it is a coding institute. So yes if you are interested in that you should go for it. But other three NIT’s are better in terms of college repeteur. So I would suggest you to go for the NIT’s as if you are interested in pursuing MS+PhD in future the college name will help you.
Avinash
askIITians Faculty 1241 Points
8 years ago
You are looking for further studies after your graduation. So CGPA matters alot and also your profile. So you should be more focused on filling up your profile with good interships or research works etc., I guess you had already done your homework, so chose the wise one that you believe but among top colleges there would be no such difference exist. All the best.
Soneel Verma
823 Points
8 years ago
Go for Allahabad without any second opinion......along with that just for the sake of your knowledge you may check out what is the scenario at other places.....for this sake you can try visiting the oficial websites of – Jiwaji uni, Gwalior,.........LPU, Phagwara,........BITS Pilani, Hyderabad Campus ….…..and JJTU, Rajasthan
Prajwal Kavad
603 Points
8 years ago
warangal and allhabad bothare of equal level go for the one near your home
Akshit Matthew
80 Points
8 years ago
Only NIT Allahabad its CSE is really very good.
Soneel Verma
823 Points
8 years ago
Did you get in at somewhere or not,......if not then try getting into at any of these – NSS College of Engg, Palakkad,..........Lovely Professional Uni, Phagwara,...........MES College of Engg, Malappuram

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free