PLEASE HELP ME REGARDING ELIGIBILITY I have appeared for CBSE 2017 and secured 73% aggregate in the required 5 subjects and 146 in MAIN 2017. Now I'm taking a drop this year for Main 2018. But the doubt is 'Will I be eligible for getting a seat at IITs or NITs in 2018 if I only go for 2 subjects(Physics and Chem) CBSE improvement 2018 for which my new improved marks will raise the aggregate to above 75%'. as in JEE MAIN information bulletin given below If a candidate passes Class XII (or equivalent) in 2016, but writes any of the required subjects (mentioned above) in 2017 for improvement or any other reason, then the aggregate percentage will be calculated by considering the maximum marks obtained in the required subjects. But all are saying to write all five subjects.Please see 2016 informaion bulletin and 2017 information bulletin of mains[page-6,point-15,17] and advanced.

PLEASE HELP ME REGARDING ELIGIBILITY
I have appeared for CBSE 2017 and secured 73% aggregate in the required 5 subjects and 146 in MAIN 2017.
Now I'm taking a drop this year for Main 2018.
But the doubt is 'Will I be eligible for getting a seat at IITs or NITs in 2018 if I only go for 2 subjects(Physics and Chem) CBSE improvement 2018 for which my new improved marks will raise the aggregate to above 75%'.

as in JEE MAIN information bulletin given below

1. If a candidate passes Class XII (or equivalent) in 2016, but writes any of the required subjects (mentioned above) in 2017 for improvement or any other reason, then the aggregate percentage will be calculated by considering the maximum marks obtained in the required subjects.                       But all are saying to write all five subjects.Please see 2016 informaion bulletin and 2017 information bulletin of mains[page-6,point-15,17] and advanced.

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Aabid Hussain
askIITians Faculty 576 Points
6 years ago
Hi,

As mentioned in the eligibility criteria. The maximum marks in the individual subject will be considered for aggregate.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free