Dear sir, Thanks and kind enough for your positive reply. I am not fully aware of IIITs. What is the difference between NIT and IIIT,qualitywise,feeswise,careerwise and etc. Can we prefer for IIIT even in any available coursed. These NIT and IIITs are autonomous? Pls explain more about IIIT.

Dear sir, Thanks and kind enough for your positive reply. I am not fully aware of IIITs. What is the difference between NIT and IIIT,qualitywise,feeswise,careerwise and etc. Can we prefer for IIIT even in any available coursed. These NIT and IIITs are autonomous? Pls explain more about IIIT.

Grade:12

2 Answers

Sunil Kumar
askIITians Faculty 183 Points
8 years ago
Hi
IIIT stands for Indian institute of information technology. They are autonomous and are highly prestigious. Also NIT are Nation institute of technology. They too are autonomous.

IIIT will lead you to a career in IT i.e. programming and coding. Basically computer software engineer.
In NIT’s you will have the option of getting other branches. All NITs IIITs have high career prospects.

If you are interested in programming or a career in IT then you can chose IIIT. If you are intrested in other branches then you should go for NITs.
sajid
615 Points
8 years ago
IIIT stands for Indian institute of information technology. They are autonomous and are highly prestigious. Also NIT are Nation institute of technology. They too are autonomous.IIIT will lead you to a career in IT i.e. programming and coding. Basically computer software engineer.In NIT’s you will have the option of getting other branches. All NITs IIITs have high career prospects.If you are interested in programming or a career in IT then you can chose IIIT. If you are intrested in other branches then you should go for NITs.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free