My rank in AIEEE 2011 is AI: Overall Category 261208 168523 HS: Overall Category 6128 4529 My home state is Karnataka. Will I get admission in NIT Surathkal through Home State Quota? Pl. tell more about HS quota. I am totally confused....

My rank in AIEEE 2011 is
AI: Overall Category
261208 168523
HS: Overall Category
6128 4529
My home state is Karnataka. Will I get admission in NIT Surathkal through Home State Quota? Pl. tell more about HS quota. I am totally confused....

Grade:12th Pass

2 Answers

Godfrey Classic Prince
633 Points
12 years ago

Dear vignesh kumar,

The State Rank is considered for admission into the colleges in your Home State i.e., the state in which you finished your 10+2 .

The State Rank has a tremendous advantage for you for the admission into your Home State Colleges which take admission through the CCB-2011 Counselling !!

You have a 50% reservatiion in your Home State Colleges taking admission through CCB-2011,this means that if there are 700 seats in a particular college in your Home State,then 350 seats are reserved for the particular state students in which the college is located !! The rest 350 seats are available for students all over India for which they compete with their All India Ranks !!

Now the advantage here is that you have to only compete with your state students for 1 seat out of 350 seats !!

This is easy compared to competing with students from All states except your state for 1 seat in 350 seats !!

This is the advantage of the Home State Quota !!

Getting into NIT-Surathkal is very difficult for you ! You must have a SC/ST Reservation for safe entry into NIT-Surathkal otherwise it is going to be very difficult !

All the Best & Good Lcuk !!

Hope this helped you immensely..!!

If you loved the answer then please do not forget to approve it by clicking on "Yes" below..!!!Smile

Rohan Shankar
14 Points
12 years ago

I am also form Karnataka only I found out that there are only 337 seats for us. I dont think you have much of a chance, but anything can happen.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free