I have secured AIR 17123 in AIEEE-2011 and state rank 224 from Orissa.I want Computer Science as a branch but am I an a fix since last year during 4th round counselling,the closing rank was 17191.So I have slim chances of getting into my branch.Should I choose any other branch like 5yrs integrated in VLSI Design or Information Security? Do they have better scopes for jobs/research in future? Please answer at the earliest

I have secured AIR 17123 in AIEEE-2011 and state rank 224 from Orissa.I want Computer Science as a branch but am I an a fix since last year during 4th round counselling,the closing rank was 17191.So I have slim chances of getting into my branch.Should I choose any other branch like 5yrs integrated in VLSI Design or Information Security? Do they have better scopes for jobs/research in future? Please answer at the earliest

Grade:12th Pass

2 Answers

Robert john
17 Points
12 years ago

Hi,

It is suggested that you should go opt for computer science branch if you are focussing on jobs/research in B.tech. Also there exists a good probablity of getting into it with your Rank.

In terms of VLSi design and information security, it is an emerging field and has good scope for them in immediate future. Since you are an Engineering Graduate you can get into it easily...

Anuvab Chhotray
14 Points
12 years ago

If I don't get into Computer Science,then should I go for VLSI design or Information Security?

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free