I am scoring about 160-165 in aieee 2011. I live in Bangalore. I wanted to know which branches i can get in NITK (surathkal)....please help....can i rely on the rank prediction given in this site ?????please help

I am scoring about 160-165 in aieee 2011. I live in Bangalore. I wanted to know which branches i can get in NITK (surathkal)....please help....can i rely on the rank prediction given in this site ?????please help

Grade:12

10 Answers

Godfrey Classic Prince
633 Points
12 years ago

Absolutely u can rely on every piece of info on askiitians.com !!

Infact the predicted cut-off for aieee 2009 & 2010 by askiitians.com was 100% right !!!

Dont believe me ???

See it for urself here on askiitians.com & now their prediction is 100% right i feel as a brother of an IITian !!

Vijyes
36 Points
12 years ago

u will get astate rank of around 270. u'll get all other than computer, electronics, mech, chemical

Srikanth R
16 Points
12 years ago

Thank you very much for your reply....did you mean i wont get mech in the 1st councelling???? or will i get mech in the subsequent councelling atleast????please give me more info.....so  you say that i will get IT, ECE, Metlrgy, mining in first councelling right????

Srikanth R
16 Points
12 years ago

Thank you for reply...iam new to this site....Smile

Srikanth R
16 Points
12 years ago

I reviewed my marks... i may score 166-170...now what may be my state rank (karnataka)....u said 270 for 160-165........hey with my score which seats am i eligible for in NIT trichy and NIT calicut  thru AIR???

Srikanth R
16 Points
12 years ago

which solution should i rely on for aieee 2011.. according to TIME solutions i get 165 but according to RESONANCE i get 155..what will be my state rank (karnataka) for 155 ? will i get any branch in NITK in the first councelling.??? please reply.

Vijyes
36 Points
12 years ago
FOR 170 U MAY GET 240-250 RANK. FOR 155 U MAY GET 300-305 RANK. YES I MEANT U WONT GET THE TOP BRANCHES IN THE FIRST ROUND. THE CHANCES ARE VERY SLIM EVEN IN THE SECOND AND THIRD ROUND. BUT U MAY GET IN THE 4TH OR 5TH ROUND. ACCORDING TO SOME SOURCE IN A COACHING INSTITUTE, A BOY WITH 350 RANK GOT CS IN THE LATER ROUNDS. SO U MAY GET IT. BUT CHANCES ARE NOT THAT BRIGHT. BUT EVEN IF U GET CHEMICAL/ MECH, IT IS BETTER THAN JOINING CET COLLEGES(REFER THE LIST OF TOP RANKED COLLEGES IN INDIA). ANYWAYS BEST OF LUCK
Vijyes
36 Points
12 years ago
REFER ALLENS SOLUTION. ANOTHER THING I WANT TO TELL U IS THAT THIS YEARS AIEEE WAS EASIER THAN LAST YEARS. SO UR RANK MAY GO UP BY ABOUT 10-12%. THAT IS IN PLACE OF 270(WHICH I PREDICTED ACCORDING TO LAST YEARS STATISTICS) U MAY GET 300. IN PLACE OF 300 U MAY GET 330 AND SO ON... HOWEVER U WILL GET SOME BRANCH LIKE METALLURGY, CIVIL, MINING IN FIRST ROUND. FOR UR NEXT QUESTION REGARDING TRICHY AND CALICUT, I CAN SAY THAT U GETTING A SEAT THERE IS EXTREMELY DOUBTFUL. ACCORDING TO THE STATS OF THE PAST FEW YEARS, A PERSON GETTING AIR 6500 GETS A STATE RANK LESS THAN 125. AIR 10000- "STATE" LESS THAN 190 AND SO ON. O ACCORDING TO ME IF U GET A RANK OF 300 UR AIR WILL BE AROUND 20000(APPROXIMATE). FOR THAT I DOUBT U GETTING INT TRICHY AND CALICUT AS THEY ARE ONE OF THE BEST NITS. WARANGAL IS AT THE TOP FOLLOWED BY EITHER SURATHKAL OR TRICHY AND FURTHER BY CALICUT). SO ONE NEEDS TO HAVE A VERY GOOD AIR TO GET THERE. BUT DUE TO STATE RANKING U MAY GET IN SURATHKAL. BUT TRICHY AND CALICUT...... I SERIOUSLY DOUBT IF U WILL GET E&E, CS, E&C, MECH AND CHEMICAL, EVEN IN THE FOURTH ROUND. DONT FEEL SAD AT THIS. JUST TRY TO WORK HARDER IN THE FUTURE AND TRY TO DO POST GRADUATION IN AN EXCELLENT UNIVERSITY. NOT GETTING THESE BRANCHES DOESN'T MEAN IT IS THE END OF THE WORLD. BEST OF LUCK
Godfrey Classic Prince
633 Points
12 years ago

I think Resonance gives you the better solution because i got the right mark prediction by resonance so i rely on Resonance ....

Now according to Resonance your mark is 155 ...

With 155 you cant get NITK in the first round but surely will get it in the second & third rounds (surely) ...

NIT Trichy is not possible you see because im from tamilnadu where NIT Trichy is & there is a lot of competition for this campus because as you know NIT Trichy is rated with IIT's at times(really) ...

The campus itself is HUMONGOUS !!!

Nearly 800 acres & then the kind of placement ....so NIT Trichy is hard for you i guess ....

Hey but dont get disheartened coz you know what NITK has the best infrastructure among all the NIT's so you are gonna be studying in INDIA's best infrastructural NIT campus .............be proud of that boy !!!

Srikanth R
16 Points
12 years ago

Can you give me home state (karnataka) marks vs ranks expected for aieee 2011 for marks ranging from 130 to 170 please???

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free