Caste - Shaik (Muslim) State: Andhra Pradesh Category - BC E Father Occupation: Lorry driver Annual sal: 60,000 per year Shaik community belongs to BC E under backward classes in Andhra Pradesh. But it is not mentioned in central list of OBC. 1) Do I get reservation in AIEEE? 2) In NIT Warangal & IIIT Hyderabad 50% seats are reserved for the state students. As per the state government I belong to BC E, I come under OBC category of the state, but this community doesn’t comes under the central list of OBC. Do I get reservation under OBC category in NIT Warangal(Andhra Pradesh) & IIIT Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh)?

Caste - Shaik (Muslim)

State: Andhra Pradesh

Category - BC E

Father Occupation: Lorry driver

Annual sal: 60,000 per year

Shaik community belongs to BC E under backward classes in Andhra Pradesh. But it is not mentioned in central list of OBC.

1) Do I get reservation in AIEEE?

2) In NIT Warangal & IIIT Hyderabad 50% seats are reserved for the state students.

As per the state government I belong to BC E, I come under OBC category of the state, but this community doesn’t comes under the central list of OBC.

Do I get reservation under OBC category in NIT Warangal(Andhra Pradesh) & IIIT Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh)?

Grade:11

3 Answers

suryakanth AskiitiansExpert-IITB
105 Points
13 years ago

Dear student,

As far as i know, As the AIEEE rankings are given by the central govt. it may happen that you cannot be considered under OBC.The reservation provided by the state govt. can be used in the state colleges but not the central govt colleges.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Suryakanth –IITB

shaik vali
11 Points
7 years ago
i am shaik vali BC ;E Caste and given OBC Caste Certificate by Authorities, applied for crpf post. examinations passed, pet exams passed got selection. at certification verfication asked for fresh OBC Certificate by authorities,applied for fresh one but authority officer is not funishing the certificate as shaik are not come in central  list. i got sellection on the basing of OBC Caste. what remedy shall i get now.please ans
ankit singh
askIITians Faculty 614 Points
3 years ago
sorry it is ur personal problem
just go to the rule of aieee
and mhrd addministration thank u regards ankit singh

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free