sir,i am an OBC candidate from WEST BENGAL. My rank is as follows:- AIR(overall):-83229 AIR(category):-18970 state rank(overall):-2841 state rank(category):-152..I havnt got any choice in the 1st counselling.will i be able to get into any of the NITs in othr rounds of counsellings..If not then plz tell me sum gud government colleges where i stand good chances of getting admissions in..

sir,i am an OBC candidate from WEST BENGAL. My rank is as follows:-

AIR(overall):-83229

AIR(category):-18970

state rank(overall):-2841

state rank(category):-152..I havnt got any choice in the 1st counselling.will i be able to get into any of the NITs in othr rounds of counsellings..If not then plz tell me sum gud government colleges where i stand good chances of getting admissions in..

Grade:12

1 Answers

AskiitianExpert Shine
10 Points
14 years ago

Hi

It would be difficult to get into any of the NITs at this rank. U can try for the colleges in the state , that has a state quota.

govt colgs in west bengal are govt college of engg. kolkata and Jalpaiguri college of engg.

some of the oter colleges in west bengal are:

BENGAL ENGINEERING COLLEGE BOTANIC GARDEN, SHIBPORE, HOWRAH-711 103.
COLLEGE OF CERAMIC TECHNOLOGY 73, ABINASH CHANDA BANERJEE LANE, BELAGHATA, CALCUTTA-700 101
COLLEGE OF LEATHER TECHNOLOGY CANAL SOUTH ROAD, CALCUTTA-700 015
COLLEGE OF TEXTILE TECHNOLOGY BAHARAMPORE, MUSHIDABAD- 742 101
COLLEGE OF TEXTILE TECHNOLOGY SERAMPORE, DIST. HOOGHLY-712 201
GOVT. ENGINEERING COLLEGE KALYANI, DIST. NADIA INSTITUTE OF JUTE TECHNOLOGY 35, BALLYGUNJ CIRCULAR ROAD, CALCUTTA-700 019
JADAVPUR UNIVERSITY JADAVPUR, CALCUTTA-700 032.
JALPAIGURI GOVT. ENGINEERING COLLEGE JALPAIGURI DAUGUAJHAR, JALPAIGURI-736 102.
MARINE ENGG & RESEARCH INSTITUTE (PREVIOUSLY DIRECTORATE OF MARINE ENGG. & TRAINING) CALCUTTA P-19, TARATOLA RD, CALCUTTA-700 088. (AUTONOMOUS)
REGIONAL ENGINEERING COLLEGE MAHATMA GANDHI AVENUE, DURGAPUR, BURDWAN-713 209.
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF SCIENCES & TECHNOLOGY CULCUTTA- 700 009

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free