i took 1 yr drop after 12th nw m in F.E. in 1 coll in pune.my coll is nt tht gud.plz tell me is it worth reapiting aieee 3rd time to get admin in NIT or shud i go to a gud brand for masters..plz reply m in big confusion assume tht if i reapeat aieee i will surely get very gud ran...plz tell me shud i reapeat or nt??

i took 1 yr drop after 12th nw m in F.E. in 1 coll in pune.my coll is  nt tht gud.plz tell me is it worth reapiting aieee 3rd time to get admin in NIT or shud i go to a gud brand for masters..plz reply m in big confusion assume tht if i reapeat aieee i will surely get very gud ran...plz tell me shud i reapeat or nt??

Grade:12

3 Answers

Anil Pannikar AskiitiansExpert-IITB
85 Points
13 years ago

Dear Tejas,

I think doing masters from a gud insti. is a nice idea, don't waste ur time , first finish ur graduation n then try for post graduation , during interview company asks u why thr is a gap of 2-3 years after 12 before u joined a coll., and trust me it has a very negative effect o n ur interview, and some companies have a criteria that there should be max. of 1 year gap after 12 like reliance power. Plz consult ur seniors n parents also regarding this matter.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Anil Pannikar

IIT Bombay

Souradeep Majumder
80 Points
13 years ago

if you are not satisfied to your college and had a confidence to get a good rank after repeting it then you have to seriously prepare for it.............  i think you should take a chance .....  if you gat a good rank this year then it is very good otherwise you have already enrolled for a college......  many student get iits but drop to sharpen his rank......  afterall its your future...  if you are from a reputed university then you know that it will help you definitely........................................  if you have got 180-200 out of 432 then you will get a good nit with a good branch..........................  its not very difficult because if you peparing  from now you will definitely get it.............

thanks...................

Lav Kumar Yadav
32 Points
13 years ago

yes you should try

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free