ADNAN MUHAMMED

Grade 12,

Hi. I am confused wether I shoul opt for civil at Surathkal or Computer science at NIT Calicut. Kindly advise.

Hi. I am confused wether I shoul opt for civil at Surathkal or Computer science at NIT Calicut. Kindly advise.

Grade:12

1 Answers

Naveen Krishna
13 Points
14 years ago

Both NIT surathkal and NIT calicut are very good institutions. Coming to to Dept. of Civil in NIT surathkal, it has very curicullum and acdamics are very easy. The dept. has very good faculty and the dept. had completed many prestigious projects showing that the dept. is very good in research and Development (R&D) (civilengg.nitk.ac.in/)

Coming to Dept. of CS in NIT calicut it has very good course plan and the academics are relatively a bit difficult. The Faculty is very good and has very good citations. The dept. has very good placements record.For more information you follow the above link(nitc.ac.in/nitc/dept/cse/public_html/index.htm)

I would suggest you to opt for CS in NIT calicut over civil. If you go by rankings, NIT suratkal may just have a edge over calicut. But the place will be with you for only next four years but the degree will be with you for the rest of your life. And moreover the campus lifes of all the NIT s are almost the same and CS always have a edge in campus placements over any other dept. Moreover CS dept will have many options for higher studies than civil.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free