I got 11307 AIR and i belong to obc. i can get ece at iiit-allahabad according to last year o.r. and c.r.. Should i go for iiit-allahabad or join DA-IICT if i get.

I got 11307 AIR and i belong to obc. i can get ece at iiit-allahabad according to last year o.r. and c.r.. Should i go for iiit-allahabad or join DA-IICT if i get.

Grade:12

1 Answers

Askiitians Expert ChaitanyaVardhan-IIT KHARAGPUR
16 Points
13 years ago

Dear Sarath,

In my opinion you should base your decision on the placement record of these institutes.The scenario in our country is like this: you go to an engg college, then you work for a few years and then you go for an MBA in India or abroad. Now, most of the jobs available after you passout of engg college are IT jobs.These IT jobs have a disadvantage that you become part of a big crowd. This is bad when you go for an MBA because you are part of a very large pool of applicants(IT guys applying to MBA colleges).The competition is tougher in the IT pool. So,Non IT guys get an advantage when they go for an MBA. Choose the institute which gives you a better chance to work in a non IT company.In this case you would be able to get a better MBA college relatively easily.

If however you want to go abroad for higher studies in your engineering discipline, then again look at the record of the concerned institute in this respect.Thus if DA-IICT has higher percentage of student who go abroad for higher studies then choose DA-IICT.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation. 

All the best Sarath !!!

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Chaitanya Vardhan

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free