My AIR is 11307.I am interested in ECE or Mech. I have already applied for IIIT Hyderabad using the portal. According to O.R. and C.R. of 2009 i can get IIIT-Allahabad ECE. I am interested in it as it is one of the top institutes and the branch that contributed to become one of the top would be ECE rather than IT if my logic is coorect as IT demand has come down and the only branch that contributed would be ECE. So, that makes ECE at IIIT-Allahabad a good one, if my logic is correct. I Belong to OBC Non-Creamy Category. I should consider any of the IIIT's or rather go into other NIT's? I want to join in the top colleges in aieee in ECE(first) and then Mechanical(Second) and please guide me in picking colleges.

My AIR is 11307.I am interested in ECE or Mech. I have already applied for IIIT Hyderabad using the portal. According to O.R. and C.R. of 2009 i can get IIIT-Allahabad ECE. I am interested in it as it is one of the top institutes and the branch that contributed to become one of the top would be ECE rather than IT if my logic is coorect as IT demand has come down and the only branch that contributed would be ECE. So, that makes ECE at IIIT-Allahabad a good one, if my logic is correct. I Belong to OBC Non-Creamy Category. I should consider any of the IIIT's or rather go into other NIT's? I want to join in the top colleges in aieee in ECE(first) and then Mechanical(Second) and please guide me in picking colleges.

Grade:12

1 Answers

Kishore IIT Bombay
48 Points
13 years ago

Dear sarath Kumar,

For your AIR rank you won't get IIIT Hyderabad..If u get IIIT-Allahabad ECE means then go for it becoz IIIT-Allahabad is also a very reputed college and good one i will give u one clean information about that my brother did B-tech over there and he placed in very good company and some of frnds also doing in companies like Microsoft,GOOGLE,IBM,AMDOCS...etc companies and also some are doing their Masters in foriegn universites so dont worry about IIIT-Allahabad..right now my brother is IIM-Bangalore so dont about the future it all depnds on how much effort you put after going into inthe institute..So my advice is if you really interested in ECE and if you are getting in IIIT-Allahabad means go for and if you are getting top NIT's like warangal,Trichy,Surathkal..then go for NIT other wise its better to go ECE in IIIT-allahabad..

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.

If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed
solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE  & AIEEE preparation.

All the best.

reagrds,

kishore_IIT bombay

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free