what are vectors? I need the full topic of Vectors and thier sums.

what are vectors?
I need the full topic of Vectors and thier sums.

Grade:9

3 Answers

Hinal Srivastava
50 Points
8 years ago
a quantity having direction as well as magnitude, especially as determining the position of one point in space relative to another.is called a vector
Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
Vector is any quantity which has a magnitude and a direction. It is depicted by an arrow with the arrow head pointing towards the direction of the vector.
Example of a vector would be, force, velocity ( while speed is a scalar, and has magnitude only) , displacement (while distance has magnitude only).

When two vectors A and B are present touching each other at their base, making an angle \Theta with each other,
The magnitude of the resultant is given by

R = (A2 + B2 + 2AB cos\Theta)1/2 , and the direction of the resultant R given in terms of angle made by it with one of the vectors is:

tan \Phi = A sin \Theta / B + A cos \Theta  where \Phi is the angle between resultant R and vector B.

Please feel free to ask any follow up question and approve the answer if you like it :)
A M S ARUN KRISHNA
216 Points
8 years ago
  • To specify some physical quantity magnitude and directions are needed and also obey laws of vector addition is called vector quantity
  • Example : displacement,  velocity,  acceleration, weight (5N means magnitude 5 and direction is vertically downwards
  • Current does not follow vector addition so it is a scalar quantity
  • Please approve my answer

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free