I HAVE TO DO A PROJECT ON E WASTE .CAN YOU SUGGEST INNOVATIVE AND SCIENTIFIC WAYS,PREVENTIVE MEASURES ,REDUCE THEIR BULK AND HOW TO ADDRESS THIS PROBLEM?

I HAVE TO DO A PROJECT ON E WASTE .CAN YOU SUGGEST INNOVATIVE AND SCIENTIFIC WAYS,PREVENTIVE MEASURES ,REDUCE THEIR BULK AND HOW TO ADDRESS THIS PROBLEM?

Grade:8

5 Answers

Yugabrat Gogoi
47 Points
9 years ago
use the 3r-reduse, reuse, recover. Stop using polethene and non biodegradable products.
Yugabrat Gogoi
47 Points
9 years ago
also recycle
Saloni Rakholiya
104 Points
9 years ago
hi friend , 
firstly  be thorough with e waste meaning = discarded electronic appliances such as mobile phones, computers, and televisions.

1.6 billion

cell phones manufactured in 2012. Electronics are packed with toxic chemicals—arsenic, lead, and poly-brominated flame retardants.

18 months

That’s how short the average American keeps a cell phone.

75% thrown out

Most of our e-waste ends up in landfills—both at home and in the developing world—where toxic metals leach into the environment.

30% lost

Even when recycled, a significant amount of electronic material cannot be recovered.

this is how u can start on first page.(please inform if u are to make a model?)

Our waste electronics are polluting drinking water and harming ecosystems around the world. It’s time to fix the problem.

then you can suggest up some ways to control . i will suggest some ways to you in my next post.
Saloni Rakholiya
104 Points
9 years ago
hi friend , 
firstly  be thorough with e waste meaning = discarded electronic appliances such as mobile phones, computers, and televisions.

1.6 billion

cell phones manufactured in 2012. Electronics are packed with toxic chemicals—arsenic, lead, and poly-brominated flame retardants.

18 months

That’s how short the average American keeps a cell phone.

75% thrown out

Most of our e-waste ends up in landfills—both at home and in the developing world—where toxic metals leach into the environment.

30% lost

Even when recycled, a significant amount of electronic material cannot be recovered.

this is how u can start on first page.(please inform if u are to make a model?)

Our waste electronics are polluting drinking water and harming ecosystems around the world. It’s time to fix the problem.

then you can suggest up some ways to control . i will suggest some ways to you in my next post.
Saloni Rakholiya
104 Points
9 years ago
Ever wondered what happens to your outmoded cell phone when you replace it with the latest model? Or where a battery goes when you toss it in the trash? Around the world, end-of-life electronics that are waste, also known as e-waste.

Here are some ideas I have gathered.

1. Buy less.

Buying things we simply do not need might be the biggest cause for an e-waste problem. It is really important for us to just stop (really STOP) and ask ourselves if we need a gadget or electronic item BEFORE we buy it.

2. Organize what you have.

Electronics are a commodity these days, very much like the clothes we wear. If you do not organize your gadgets, wires, connectors and DVDs, you will never really know what you have. The last thing you want to do is buy something thinking you need it, only to find a duplicate buried in your cabinet.

3. Give away or donate your e-waste.

If you do not NEED a piece of equipment, donate it as soon as possible so that someone else can use it. Donations are great way to get tax deductions as well — and very often, that tax deductible amount will be very close to the value of the item if you tried to sell it. If something you have is not even worth donating, then try giving your stuff away for free on sites

4. Take them back to the store.

These days, a number of stores are investing in a buy back program. If you’re making a new purchase at a store, be sure to ask the store if they will buy back your old camera, laptop or any other electronic item.

5. Sell.

potentially valuable to someone else but useless to you.

. Think ahead.

The last time we moved, we actually had to pay to dispose a bunch of electronics. We did not have enough time to find people that wanted what we had — that was indeed a terrible feeling.

Educate yourself, and be a little afraid.

Most electronic gadgets have toxic materials in them, so it is extremely important to dispose of them in the right way. 

i found this on net. you too can try it on google = ways to manage e waste  or e waste problem.

hope this helps you. best of luck

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free