Give reason: Is clay a solid?

Give reason: Is clay a solid?

Grade:9

2 Answers

Saloni Rakholiya
104 Points
9 years ago
hi,
different people have different views on this . this is very interesting question . my views for different answer:
  1.  I would say that clay is a solid.

Even if you mix lots of water into it, so that it behaves like a liquid by flowing- it’s still lots of (very small!) solid particles that are suspended in a liquid. If you were to leave the mixture in a glass for long enough, you’d see the particles fall to the bottom and separate away from the water.

2. Solid. Because it's not a liquid, gas, or plasma.

3. Clay is asolid. It can be liquified or have water added to it, but it is still clay 

Saloni Rakholiya
104 Points
9 years ago
hi,
different people have different views on this . this is very interesting question . my views for different answer:
  1.  I would say that clay is a solid.

Even if you mix lots of water into it, so that it behaves like a liquid by flowing- it’s still lots of (very small!) solid particles that are suspended in a liquid. If you were to leave the mixture in a glass for long enough, you’d see the particles fall to the bottom and separate away from the water.

2. Solid. Because it's not a liquid, gas, or plasma.

3. Clay is asolid. It can be liquified or have water added to it, but it is still clay 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free