Biology question: Ummmm..... Hi, I wanna ask a question ‘bout the heart. Could you tell me the sizes of the parts of the heart from greatest to smallest? And could you send a diagram of the parts of the plants and their functions?

Biology question: Ummmm..... Hi, I wanna ask a question ‘bout the heart. Could you tell me the sizes of the parts of the heart from greatest to smallest? And could you send a diagram of the parts of the plants and their functions?

Grade:9

1 Answers

Simran Vinaik
askIITians Faculty 1230 Points
6 years ago
The heart consist of 4 chambers-2 atria and 2 ventricle. The atria is about 1/3 the size of the ventricle. The left ventricle is the largest chamber of the heart. The left ventricle has about three time the muscle than the right ventricle.

Plant parts and their functions
1. Roots
a. Roots hold the plant firmly to the ground and prevent it from being pulled out easily or being pulled out easily or being blown away by the wind.
b.They also help the plant to absorb water and nutrients or mineral salts from the the soil.
.c. Some plants,such as carrots, turnips store their food in their roots
2. Stem
a. It carries water and minerals from the roots to the leaves in tiny tubes-Xylem.
b. Stem supports the plant above the ground,allows it to stand upright and holds up branches and leaves to obtain the maximum amount of sunlight.
c. It also carries food from the leaves to the other parts of the plants through another set of tiny tubes-Phloem.

3. Leaves
a. Leaves make food for the plant.
b. Leaves contain the green pigment,chlorophyll,which traps light energy from the sun that the plant needs to make food.
c. There are many tiny openings called stomata which are found on the underside of leaves.This openings allow air to move in and out of the leaves.
4. Flower
a. Flower are the reproductive organs of plants.
b. Flowers produce nectar to attract insects.
c. After pollination,the ovary of a flower will develop into a fruit and the ovules will develop into seeds.

5. Fruit-The fruit is the stored food/starch,etc and contains seeds which can lead to the growth of a new plant,the primary function of fruits to a plant is to scatter seeds.
6. Seed
a. Seeds grow into new plants.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free