20. Name the process associated with the following: (i) Dry ice is kept at room temperature and at one atmospheric pressure. (ii) A drop of ink placed on the surface of water contained in a glass spreads throughout the water. (iii) A potassium permanganate crystal is in a beaker and water is poured into the beaker with stirring. (iv) A acetone bottle is left open and the bottle becomes empty. (v) Milk is churned to separate cream from it. (vi) Settling of sand when a mixture of sand and water is left undisturbed for some time. (vii) Fine beam of light entering through a small hole in a dark room, illuminates the particles in its paths.

20. Name the process associated with the following:
(i) Dry ice is kept at room temperature and at one atmospheric pressure.
(ii) A drop of ink placed on the surface of water contained in a glass spreads throughout the water.
(iii) A potassium permanganate crystal is in a beaker and water is poured into the beaker with stirring.
(iv) A acetone bottle is left open and the bottle becomes empty.
(v) Milk is churned to separate cream from it.
(vi) Settling of sand when a mixture of sand and water is left undisturbed for some time.
(vii) Fine beam of light entering through a small hole in a dark room, illuminates the particles in its paths.

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Pawan Prajapati
askIITians Faculty 60787 Points
3 years ago
(i) Sublimation (ii) Diffusion (iii) Dissolution/diffusion (iv) Evaporation, diffusion (v) Centrifugation (vi) Sedimentation (vii) Scattering of light (Tyndall effect)

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free