I am interested in finding a tutor who can work with US based students (primarily in NY, so Eastern Daylight Time (9.5 hrs behind IST right now?)). My son has taken Algebra I and some Geometry, and is studying right now with AMC8 & 10 see www mma org slash math competitions I think it would be helpful for him to do math that is like what he will be doing in school (he is going into 9 th grade) but a bit different, so his brain gets stressed a slightly different way, and he learns the math better. From a goal point of view, what I care most about is that he gets top grades in math and has strong fundamentals and a deep understanding. It would be great to also prep him for the SAT. Most kids in the US take this at the end of their junior year (11th grade), I would like him to take it at the end of 10 th grade or sooner, so its done, and he can focus his energy on AP classes (AP = Advanced Placement, this is a brand of tests that high school students can take to get college credits if they do well on the AP tests). I am not sure how Indian math classes are organized compared to US classes. I think that some difference is positive (get a different view of the same problem). Peter

I am interested in finding a tutor who can work with US based students (primarily in NY, so Eastern Daylight Time (9.5 hrs behind IST right now?)).

My son has taken Algebra I and some Geometry, and is studying right now  with AMC8 & 10
see www mma org slash math competitions

I think it would be helpful for him to do math that is like what he will be doing in school (he is going into 9th grade) but a bit different, so his brain gets stressed a slightly different way, and he learns the math better.

From a goal point of view, what I care most about is that he gets top grades in math and has strong fundamentals and a deep understanding.  

It would be great to also prep  him for the SAT.  Most kids in the US take this at the end of their junior year (11th grade), I would like him to take it at the end of 10th grade or sooner, so its done, and he can focus his energy on AP classes (AP = Advanced Placement, this is a brand of tests that high school students can take to get college credits if they do well on the AP tests).  

I am not sure how Indian math classes are organized compared to US classes.  I think that some difference is positive (get a different view of the same problem).  

Peter

Grade:9

1 Answers

Aabid Hussain
askIITians Faculty 576 Points
6 years ago
Hi Sir,

Thank you for asking

Yes, we do support the students who want to do excellence in the field of mathematics. You can contact us through our website and drop your queries.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free