Sir Iam sorry to irritate you but what i am not understanding what is cutoplasm and protoplasm becayse in our book it is given that The portion of the protoplasm lying inside the cell membrane but outside the nucler membrane is called cytoplasm.Sir please explain clearly to me in easy and clear language so that i can under stand properly. PLEASE

Sir Iam sorry to irritate you but what i am not understanding what is cutoplasm and protoplasm becayse in our book it is given that
The portion of the protoplasm lying inside the cell membrane but outside the nucler membrane is called cytoplasm.Sir please explain clearly to me in easy and clear language so that i can under stand properly. PLEASE

Grade:8

2 Answers

Apoorva Arora IIT Roorkee
askIITians Faculty 181 Points
8 years ago
Cytoplasmis a thick solution that fills each cell and is enclosed by the cell membrane. It is mainly composed of water, salts, and proteins. In eukaryotic cells, thecytoplasmincludes all of the material inside the cell and outside of the nucleus.
Protoplasmis the living content of a cell that is surrounded by a plasma membrane. It is a general term for the cytoplasm.Protoplasmis composed of a mixture of small molecules such as ions, amino acids, monosaccharides and water, and macromolecules such as nucleic acids, proteins, lipids and polysaccharides.
swapna bhasker
19 Points
5 years ago

cytoplasm +nucleus= protoplasm 

Means- The cytoplasm is the material within a living cell, excluding the cell nucleus. It comprises cytosol (the gel-like substance enclosed within the cell membrane) and the organelles – the cell's internal sub-structures.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free