I want the overview of class 7th mathematics. Please help me this is urgent actually i am studying in 8th standard so I have an entrance test in my tution , so please help me I have to clear this test .

I want the overview of class 7th mathematics.

Please help me this is urgent actually i am studying in 8th standard so I have an entrance test in my tution , so please help me I have to clear this test .

Grade:7

1 Answers

Harshit Singh
askIITians Faculty 5963 Points
3 years ago
Dear Student

Number System
(i) Knowing our Numbers: Integers • Multiplication and division of integers (through patterns). Division by zero is meaningless • Properties of integers (including identities for addition & multiplication, commutative, associative, distributive) (through patterns). These would include examples from whole numbers as well. Involve expressing commutative and associative properties in a general form. Construction of counterexamples, including some by children. Counter examples like subtraction is not commutative. • Word problems including integers (all operations)
(ii) Fractions and rational numbers: • Multiplication of fractions • Fraction as an operator • Reciprocal of a fraction • Division of fractions • Word problems involving mixed fractions • Introduction to rational numbers (with representation on number line) • Operations on rational numbers (all operations) • Representation of rational number as a decimal.
(iii) Powers:

• Exponents only natural numbers.
• Laws of exponents

Algebra

ALGEBRAIC EXPRESSIONS

• Generate algebraic expressions (simple) involving one or two variables • Identifying constants, coefficient, powers

• Like and unlike terms, degree of expressions
• Addition, subtraction of algebraic expressions

• Simple linear equations in one variable (in contextual problems) with two operations

Ratio and Proportion

• Ratio and proportion (revision)
• Unitary method continued, consolidation, general expression.
• Percentage- an introduction.
• Understanding percentage as a fraction with denominator 100
•Converting fractions and decimals into percentage and vice-versa.• Application to profit and loss (single transaction only)
• Application to simple interest (time period in complete years).

Geometry

(i)Understanding shapes:
•Pairs of angles (linear, supplementary, complementary, adjacent, vertically opposite)
• Properties of parallel lines with transversal (alternate, corresponding, interior,exterior angles)

(ii)Properties of triangles:
• Angle sum property (with notions of proof & verification through paper folding,proofs using property of parallel lines, difference between proof and verification.)• Exterior angle property
• Sum of two sides of a it’s third side
• Pythagoras Theorem

(iii)Symmetry
• Recalling reflection symmetry
• Idea of rotational symmetry, observations of rotational symmetry of 2-D objects. (900, 1200, 1800)
• Operation of rotation through 900and 1800of simple figures.
•Examples of figures with both rotation and reflection symmetry (both operations)

• Examples of figures that have reflection and rotation symmetry and vice-versa

(iv)Representing 3-D in 2-D:
• Drawing 3-D figures in 2-D showing hidden faces.
•Identification and counting of vertices, edges, faces, nets (for cubes cuboids, and cylinders, cones).
• Matching pictures with objects
• Mapping the space around approximately through visual estimation.

(v)Congruence
• Congruence through superposition (examplesblades, stamps, etc.)
• Extend congruence to simple geometrical shapes e.g. triangles, circles
• Criteria of congruence (by verification) SSS, SAS, ASA, RHS

(vi)Construction
• Construction of a line parallel to a given line from a point outside it.(Simple proof as remark with the reasoning of alternate angles)
• Construction of simple triangles. Like given three sides, given a side and twoangles on it, given two sides and the angle between them.

Mensuration

•Revision of perimeter, Circumference of Circle
Area
Concept of measurement using a basic unit area of a square, rectangle, triangle, parallelogram and circle, area between two rectangles and two concentric circles.

Data handling
(i) Collection and organisation of data – choosing the data to collect for a hypothesis testing.
(ii) Mean, median and mode of ungrouped data – understanding what they represent. (iii) Constructing bargraphs
(iv) Feel of probability using data through experiments. Notion of chance in events like tossing coins, dice etc. Tabulating and counting occurrences of 1 through 6 in a number of throws. Comparing the observation with that for a coin. Observing strings of throws, notion of randomness.

Thanks

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free