MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: Rs.

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Grade: 6
        A potter working in his wheel shaped a lump of clay into pot.He then baked the pot in an oven.Do these 2 acts lead to same kind of changes or different?
2 years ago

Answers : (4)

ANANYA ARYAN
123 Points

hi, these two will be different as when we are shaping a lump of clay into the pot it is a reversible change as we can easily change the shape again whereas baking the pot is an irreversible change as once its tough again we can not change it’s shape. 
2 years ago
Ayush Anand
109 Points
							The following act involved two procedures 1. The shaping of clay into pot2. Baking the shaped clay.The first act is a reversible change because you can reshape it and no chemical change has occurred . So this is physical change.The second act invloves baking of clay I.e. a chemical change .So these two are different.

one year ago
Ludicrous Lunatic
53 Points
							They are 2 different processes as the first one is a physical change and the other a chemical change due it`s physical and chemical properties respectively. Hope it helps.

one year ago
Scholr Boy
87 Points

Use Scholr App for solving doubts.The following act involved two procedures 1. The shaping of clay into pot2. Baking the shaped clay.The first act is a reversible change because you can reshape it and no chemical change has occurred . So this is physical change.The second act invloves baking of clay I.e. a chemical change .So these two are different.
one year ago
Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?
Answer & Earn Cool Goodies

Course Features

• 728 Video Lectures
  • Revision Notes
  • Previous Year Papers
  • Mind Map
  • Study Planner
  • NCERT Solutions
  • Discussion Forum
  • Test paper with Video Solution