Thank you for registering.

One of our academic counsellors will contact you within 1 working day.

Please check your email for login details.
MY CART (5)

Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: Rs.

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

What is the composition of air?

What is the composition of air?

Grade:upto college level

12 Answers

Dinesh
askIITians Faculty 33 Points
7 years ago
Air is a mixture of gases, dust particles & water vapors . The most abundant gas is nitrogen (nearly 78%), next is oxygen (around 20%) and rest is other gases, dust particles and water vapour.

Thanks & Regards,
Dinesh Sajnani
AskIITians Faculty
Adarsh
733 Points
6 years ago
The air in our atmosphere is composed of molecules of different gases. The most common gases are nitrogen (78%), oxygen (about 21%), and argon (almost 1%).
Ayan
111 Points
3 years ago
Dry air  contains 78.09% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen, 0.93% argon, 0.04% carbon dioxide, and small amounts of other gases.  Air also contains a variable amount of water vapor, on average around 1% at sea level, and 0.4% over the entire atmosphere.
Krina Ashwinbhai Limbachiya
40 Points
3 years ago
air is actully composed of many particles tht is 78.09 nitrogen  20.95 oxygen 0.93 argon 0.04 carbon dioxide and small amoumts of other gases
Vivek
70 Points
3 years ago
Aprox 78% is nitrogen 21% is oxygen and rest is argon and carbon dioxide and some other gases with very few quantity.
praveen kumar
144 Points
3 years ago
air is the mixture of many gases such as nitrogen,oxygen,arbon dioxide,carbon monooxide and more gases like noble gases in small quantities.water vapour is also present in the air.
Akachdeep Medhi
89 Points
3 years ago
Air has the following composition,
N2 = 78%
O2 = 21% and
other gases ( Like : CO2, Ag, Ne, Xe etc.) = 1%
With regards,
Akash
Varsha Shivanand K
56 Points
3 years ago
Air is a mixture of gases. Air contains  Nitrogen(78%) and oxygen (21%). In fact, these two gases together make up the most of our atmosphere (78%+21%=99%). The remaining 1% contains carbon dioxide, argon and other gases. It also contains water vapour, smoke and dust particles.
Siddharth Singh
100 Points
3 years ago
Air consists of many things...it is a mixture of various gases example 78% nitrogen 22% oxygen and rest argon and hydrogen...and dust particles
Bharat Luthra
36 Points
3 years ago
Air is a composition of various gases. Nitrogen comprises 78% of the air, oxygen, 21%, and other gases(carbon dioxide argon etc.), 1%. dust particles and water vapours are also present in air.
Scholr Boy
87 Points
3 years ago
 
Use Scholr App for solving doubts
The air in our atmosphere is composed of molecules of different gases. The most common gases are nitrogen (78%), oxygen (about 21%), and argon (almost 1%).
Ayan
111 Points
3 years ago
 
Dry air  contains 78.09% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen, 0.93% argon, 0.04% carbon dioxide, and small amounts of other gases like, neon, krypton, hydrogen, helium.  Air also contains a variable amount of water vapour, on average around 1% at sea level, and 0.4% over the entire atmosphere.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

Provide a better Answer & Earn Cool Goodies See our forum point policy

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free