[email protected]
India's First Online IIT-JEE & NEET Coaching Platform - Trusted Since 2006
Question icon
12 grade chemistry others

Which of the following pollutants is the main p

Which of the following pollutants is the main product of automobile exhaust?A. COB. C{O_2}C. NOD. Hydrocarbons

Profile image of Aniket Singh
1 Year agoGrade
Answers icon

1 Answer

Profile image of Askiitians Tutor Team

The main pollutant found in automobile exhaust is carbon monoxide (CO), which makes option A the correct answer.

Explanation:
Carbon monoxide (CO) is produced by incomplete combustion of fuel in internal combustion engines, which occurs when there is insufficient oxygen for complete combustion. It is a toxic gas and is one of the major components of vehicle emissions.

Carbon dioxide (CO₂) is also produced in the exhaust, but it is the result of complete combustion of fuel. Although it's a greenhouse gas, it is not the main pollutant from an environmental or health perspective.

Nitrogen oxides (NOx) are produced due to the high temperature and pressure inside engines, but they are not the primary pollutant in typical vehicle exhaust.

Hydrocarbons are unburnt fuel molecules that escape in the exhaust. They contribute to air pollution but are not the main product of exhaust gases.

Thus, the main pollutant produced by automobile exhaust is carbon monoxide (CO).


question mark

is Pradeep Chemistry+Ncert sufficient for all of the theory of Jee Mains Chemistry?


Hi, I’m a self-study JEE 2027 aspirant with a large 11th backlog. Since I don’t think 6–8 hour one-shots are sufficient to cover the full theory + breadth of problem types of a JEE chapter, I’ve shifted from lecture-based preparation to book-based self-study.


I have a problem with using NCERT as my primary chemistry source. In my experience, it is concise and information-heavy, but often lacks detailed explanations, systematic organisation of concepts, and categorisation of problem types. This seems especially problematic for Physical and Organic Chemistry, where I feel that simply reading NCERT may not give enough depth or problem-solving preparation.


So I’m considering this approach:


Pradeep Chemistry → complete the chapter thoroughly from Pradeep → then read NCERT for that chapter → solve JEE Main PYQs/problems.


My main question is:


Is Pradeep + NCERT sufficient as the complete theory source for JEE Main-level Chemistry?


In other words, after thoroughly completing a chapter from Pradeep and then NCERT, can I consider the theory part of that chapter complete for JEE Main, with only PYQs/problem practice remaining?


I’m asking specifically about JEE Main level, not Advanced.


Also, if Pradeep is not sufficient, what specific gap does it leave, and what would you recommend as a better book-based alternative for self-study?

Grade 1212 grade chemistry others

Last Activity: 1 Month ago