Which of the following statement(s) about the modern periodic table are incorrect? (i) The elements in the modern periodic table are arranged on the basis of their decreasing atomic numbers. (ii) The elements in the modern periodic table are arranged on the basis of their increasing atomic masses. (iii) Isotopes are placed in adjoining group(s) in the periodic table. (iv) The elements in the modern periodic table are arranged on the basis of their increasing atomic number. [NCERT Exemplar] (a) Only (i) (b) (i), (ii) and (iii) (c) (i), (ii) and (iv) (d) Only (iv)

Which of the following statement(s) about the modern periodic table are incorrect?
(i) The elements in the modern periodic table are arranged on the basis of their decreasing atomic numbers.
(ii) The elements in the modern periodic table are arranged on the basis of their increasing atomic masses.
(iii) Isotopes are placed in adjoining group(s) in the periodic table.
(iv) The elements in the modern periodic table are arranged on the basis of their increasing atomic number. [NCERT Exemplar]
(a) Only (i)
(b) (i), (ii) and (iii)
(c) (i), (ii) and (iv)
(d) Only (iv)

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Pawan Prajapati
askIITians Faculty 60787 Points
3 years ago
(b) Only statement (iv) is correct. All the elements in the modern periodic table are arranged on the basis of their increasing atomic number. All the isotopes can be placed at one place in the same group of the periodic table.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free