What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a solar cooker? Are there places where solar cookers would have limited utility?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a solar cooker? Are there places where solar cookers would have limited utility?

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Pawan Prajapati
askIITians Faculty 60787 Points
3 years ago
The advantages of a solar cooker i) The use of solar cooker for cooking food saves fuel. ii) The use of solar cooker does not produce smoke due to which the environment also does not get polluted. iii) When food is cooked in a solar cooker, its nutrients do not get destroyed. This is because in a solar cooker, food is cooked at comparatively lower temperature. iv) In a solar cooker, upto four food items can be cooked at the same time. The disadvantages of a solar cooker i) The box-type solar cooker cannot be used to make chappaties. ii) The box-type solar cooker cannot be used for ‘frying’. The limited utility of a solar cooker is i)The solar cooker cannot be used to cook the food during nighttime. ii) If the day-sky is covered with clouds, even then the solar cooker cannot be used to cook the food. iii) The direction of reflector of solar cooker has to be changed from time to time to keep it facing the sun.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free