Match Column I (forms of power sharing) with Column II (forms of government) and select the correct answer using the codes given below in the lists- Column I Column II A. Power shared among different organs of government. I. Community Government B. Power shared among the government at different levels. II. Separation of Powers C. Power shared by different social groups. III. Coalition Government D. Power shared by two or more political parties. IV. Federal Government A. A-IV, B-I, C-II, D-III B. A-II, B-III, C-IV, D-I C. A-II, B-IV, C-I, D-III D. A-III, B-IV, C-I, D-II

Match Column I (forms of power sharing) with Column II (forms of government) and select the correct answer using the codes given below in the lists-

Column I Column II
A. Power shared among different organs of government. I. Community Government
B. Power shared among the government at different levels. II. Separation of Powers
C. Power shared by different social groups. III. Coalition Government
D. Power shared by two or more political parties. IV. Federal Government

A. A-IV, B-I, C-II, D-III
B. A-II, B-III, C-IV, D-I
C. A-II, B-IV, C-I, D-III
D. A-III, B-IV, C-I, D-II

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Pawan Prajapati
askIITians Faculty 60787 Points
2 years ago
Hint:Community Government- Power shared for the welfare of their community. Coalition Government- Multiple parties come together to form the government. Federal Government- India is a Federal Country. Complete answer: Power shared among different organs of government:- Separation of Powers. (II) Power shared among government at different levels:- Federal Government. (IV) Power shared by different social groups.:- Community Government. (I) Power shared by two or more political parties:- Coalition Government. (III) The separation of powers in Indian Constitution is used as a guiding philosophy to separate the powers not completely but as much as possible. This is done so that the organs of the government are alienated from one another. It is basically the division of the legislative, executive, and judicial functions of the government. The Federal Government system is the system in which the powers are divided among the national and local forms of government. It is a mechanism to accommodate two sets of policies. The word ‘Federalism’ is not mentioned anywhere in the Constitution but still India is said to be a ‘Federal Country’. The Community Government system is the one where different community/social groups are given the power to handle the affairs related to their communities/society. They work together without undermining any one community for the benefit of the masses. The Coalition Government is the system in which various parties come together and usually reduce the dominance of the party who has won the elections. In simple words, they cooperate to form a government. It might be also due to the fact that no single party has achieved an absolute majority after an election. Hence the correct answer is option ‘C’. Note:-Power shared among different organs of government is the Separation of Powers of government. -Power shared among the government at different levels is the Federal Government. -Power shared among different social groups is the Community Government. -Power shared by two or more political parties is the Coalition Government.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free