Are two atoms of the same element identical? Can water stay liquid below zero degrees Celsius? Can ye a liquid if it's so hard? How do I know if something is an acid so I can avoid eating it?

• Are two atoms of the same element identical?
  • Can water stay liquid below zero degrees Celsius?
  • Can ye a liquid if it's so hard?
  • How do I know if something is an acid so I can avoid eating it?

Grade:8

2 Answers

Harshit Singh
askIITians Faculty 5963 Points
3 years ago
Dear Student

Here is the link to your query:

https://www.askiitians.com/forums/Most-Scoring-Topics-in-IIT-JEE/are-two-atoms-of-the-same-element-identical-can-w_266350.htm

Thanks
Jayesh Vashishtha
askIITians Faculty 1450 Points
3 years ago
Dear Student
1 )Atoms of the same chemical element do not always have the same mass because, although the number of protons in the nucleus is the same for all atoms of the same element, the number of neutrons is not.

2)Yes, water can stay liquid below zero degrees Celsius. ... When we apply pressure to a liquid, we force the molecules to get closer together. They can therefore form stable bonds and become a solid even if they have a higher temperature than the freezing point at standard pressure.

4)Anything that tastes sour – from vinegar (acetic acid) to sour cream (lactic acid) – has acid. Even strong acids can be safe in low concentrations. Hydrochloric acid is found naturally in the human stomach and is used to help digest food.

Askiitians expert
Jayesh Vashishtha

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free