are pollen grains of different flowers different? like for example the pollen grains of one species of flower if they are carried to another speciecs of flower(by insects)then will fertilisation take place?

are pollen grains of different flowers different?
like for example the pollen grains of one species of flower if they are carried to another speciecs of flower(by insects)then will fertilisation take place?

Grade:11

6 Answers

Rahul Jiji George
42 Points
9 years ago
no
Yugabrat Gogoi
47 Points
9 years ago
to the 1st answer my response is-yes, the pollen grains of different flower is different.

to the 2nd aanswer my response is-no, it will not be. Because there genetic code is diffrent and they are not compatible with each other.

for example reproduction cannot take place between a human and a plant.
Yugabrat Gogoi
47 Points
9 years ago
to the 1st answer my response is-yes, the pollen grains of different flower is different.

to the 2nd aanswer my response is-no, it will not be. Because there genetic code is diffrent and they are not compatible with each other.

for example reproduction cannot take place between a human and a plant.

hope u like it.
Saloni Rakholiya
104 Points
9 years ago
yes , pollen grains are different from flower to flower. eg. pollen grains of sunflower will be different from that of lily.
2nd thing, 2 different pollen grains doesnot FERTILISE. pollen grains vary from species to species and thus only like pollens fertilise.
Saloni Rakholiya
104 Points
9 years ago
yes , pollen grains are different from flower to flower. eg. pollen grains of sunflower will be different from that of lily.
2nd thing, 2 different pollen grains doesnot FERTILISE. pollen grains vary from species to species and thus only like pollens fertilise.
Saloni Rakholiya
104 Points
9 years ago

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free