Exercise: 15.1 (Page No: 308) 1. Complete the following statements: (i) Probability of an event E + Probability of the event ‘not E’ = ___________. (ii) The probability of an event that cannot happen is __________. Such an event is called ________. (iii) The probability of an event that is certain to happen is _________. Such an event is called _________. (iv) The sum of the probabilities of all the elementary events of an experiment is __________. (v) The probability of an event is greater than or equal to and less than or equal to __________.

Exercise: 15.1 (Page No: 308)

1. Complete the following statements:

(i) Probability of an event E + Probability of the event ‘not E’ = ___________.

(ii) The probability of an event that cannot happen is __________. Such an event is called ________.

(iii) The probability of an event that is certain to happen is _________. Such an event is called _________.

(iv) The sum of the probabilities of all the elementary events of an experiment is __________.

(v) The probability of an event is greater than or equal to and less than or equal to __________.

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Pawan Prajapati
askIITians Faculty 60787 Points
2 years ago
(i) Probability of an event E + Probability of the event ‘not E’ = 1. (ii) The probability of an event that cannot happen is 0. Such an event is called an impossible event. (iii) The probability of an event that is certain to happen is 1. Such an event is called a sure or certain event. (iv) The sum of the probabilities of all the elementary events of an experiment is 1. (v) The probability of an event is greater than or equal to 0 and less than or equal to 1.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free