A magnetic compass needle is placed in the plane of paper near point A as shown in fig.In which plane should a straight current carrying conductor be placed so that it passes through A and there is no change in the deflection of the compass needle? Under what condition is the deflection maximum and Why Can you give me a well expalined lesson on this question. i did not understand it at all

A magnetic compass needle is placed in the plane of paper near point A as shown in fig.In which plane should a straight current carrying conductor be placed so that it passes through A and there is no change in the deflection of the compass needle? Under what condition is the deflection maximum and  Why

Can you give me a well expalined lesson on this question.
i did not understand it at all 

Question Image
Grade:10

1 Answers

Arun
25750 Points
6 years ago
We know that when the magnetic field and the direction of current are perpendicular to each other, the deflection is maximum. But when they are in the same plane, no deflection takes place. So, the current carrying conductor needs to be placed in the same plane as the magnetic compass to attain no deflection.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free