25. Which of the following arguments are correct and which are not correct? Give reasons for your Solution:. (i) If two coins are tossed simultaneously there are three possible outcomes—two heads, two tails or one of each. Therefore, for each of these outcomes, the probability is 1/3 (ii) If a die is thrown, there are two possible outcomes—an odd number or an even number. Therefore, the probability of getting an odd number is 1/2

25. Which of the following arguments are correct and which are not correct? Give reasons for your Solution:.

(i) If two coins are tossed simultaneously there are three possible outcomes—two heads, two tails or one of each. Therefore, for each of these outcomes, the probability is 1/3

(ii) If a die is thrown, there are two possible outcomes—an odd number or an even number. Therefore, the probability of getting an odd number is 1/2

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Pawan Prajapati
askIITians Faculty 60787 Points
2 years ago
(i) All the possible events are (H,H); (H,T); (T,H) and (T,T) So, P (getting two heads) = ¼ and, P (getting one of the each) = 2/4 = ½ ∴ This statement is incorrect. (ii) Since the two outcomes are equally likely, this statement is correct.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free