>> Top 100 Engineering Colleges in India
>> COE-Andhra University
College of Engineering, Andhra University
Andhra University was established in 1926, by Sir Dr. C.R.Reddy the Vice-Chancellor of the Andhra University. Andhra University College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam, is an autonomous college, which had at its beginning only one Department of Engineering with Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering as the main branches. Shifting to the present spacious North campus in 1960, the Department of Engineering was joined in the same campus by The Department of Chemical Technology, in 1962, adding strength to the Engineering Departments. The trifurcation of the University colleges in 1966, led to the commencement of the College of Engineering (also Autonomous) as a separate constituent of the Andhra University.
Located on the uplands of Visakhapatnam, 'The City of Destiny', with the spread of serene blue shade of the 'Bay of Bengal' on one side of it and on the other, beautiful green Kailasagiri hill range, the university contains two sections, the south campus housing the Arts, Humanities and Sciences departments along with the administrative block and north campus comprising the engineering College. The university campus has 23 hostels in all, 19 hostels for men and 4 hostels exclusively for women, accommodating more than 4,300 students. There is residential accommodation of 340 units of staff quarters also available on the university campus. The university also has in offer in the campus three Health Centres, a homeopathy dispensary, three guest houses, a faculty club, an open air theatre and a campus school for the children of university staff. There is also a “Yoga Village” on the beach road, attached to the Institute for Yoga and Consciousness, where various training programmes in yoga are conducted.
Hostel facility is available to both boys and girls, with 19 boys hostels and 4 girls hostel, but though only for a limited number of students. The Chief Warden of the Hostels is in charged of the admission to these hostels.
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Science & Systems Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Geo-Engineering
- Department of Instrument Technology
- Department of Marine Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Metallurgical Engineering
- Basic Sciences Departments
- Department of Engineering Chemistry
- Department of Engineering Mathematics
- Department of Engineering Physics
- Department of Humanities & Social Sciences
Centres and Institutes:
- Centre for Bio-Informatics
- Centre for Bio-Medical Engineering
- Centre for Technology Forecasting
The Students of the college are encouraged to be part of the ‘Campus Beautification Programme’ that includes gardening and horticulture, and also the ‘Janma Bhoomi Programme’ and the ‘Clean and Green Programme’ of the Government of Andhra Pradesh. Other than these there is a remedial Course in English that is conducted by the Department of English to cater to the needs of students from rural background to improve their communication skills.
The College of Engineering, Andhra University, is proud to have produced a long line of professionals each adding name to their own respective fields over these past years both in the country as well as aboard.