HOW TO APPLY
A candidate has to apply online through the official websites of IIST. Online registration portal will be open in the month of November and will continue to the end of December. Candidates are requested to download a copy of the brochure from ISAT 2012 homepage or the alternative website and read the brochure before applying. The online registration procedure requires your valid email id. Please keep the email id live and secure till the end of the admission process. For printing Challan, which is in the PDF format (on completion of online submission) Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Candidates may download Adobe Acrobat Reader from http://get.adobe.com/reader. Candidates must read the instructions contained in the Information Brochure carefully, before starting the process of applying for ISAT 2012. The following processes are involved in the registration and submission of details of the candidate for ISAT 2012
Access the website: www.iist.ac.in/isat or http://iist.isac.gov.in/iist.
1. Go to Online Registration.
2. You will get a page titled ISAT 2012 Online Application Form Step1.
3. Enter your details such as Name, Date of Birth (as given in the original records), Email id and other details asked for.
4. After verifying the Name, Date of Birth, Email id and other details, click the Next Step button.
5. You will get ISAT 2012 Online Application Form Step 2.
1. The next step gives a detailed preview of all information you have entered.
2. Please verify that all details entered are correct before clicking the submit button.
3. Remember that information once submitted cannot be changed.
4. Click Previous Step button to go to the previous step to make necessary corrections or changes, if any.
5. If the details are correct, click Submit button
1. After successful submission of application you will receive your ISAT 2012 Registration Number, which has to be noted and used for further communications. You will be asked for typing a password for login to the ISAT 2012 website later.
2. At this stage, you have to select either State Bank of India or Punjab National Bank as your bank of choice for remitting fees.
3. Click the button Get My Challan to download ISAT 2012 challan. You can print or download the challan.
4. The fee has to be remitted in anyone of the branches of State Bank of India or Punjab National Bank as the case may be. Remember the last date for remitting fees.
5. The portion of the Challan marked as "Institute Copy" counter-signed by the authorised bank official has to be sent through Speed Post to: The Chairman, ISAT 2012, Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology 2012, Valiamala P.O., Thiruvananthapuram - 695 547, Kerala in an envelope superscribed with your ISAT 2012 Registration number and Name.
6. The last date for the receipt of the Institute copy of the challan at ISAT 2012 office is month of January.
7. Once the Institute copy of the challan is received by ISAT 2012 office, the candidate completes the submission of application in all respects for appearing for ISAT 2012. The ISAT 2012 office will not be responsible for any postal delay or irregularity resulting in non-delivery of the Institute copy of the challan to the ISAT 2012 office.
- Hall Tickets for all eligible candidates will be generated and will be made available online from end of the month February to the end of March on the website.
- A candidate can download/print the Hall Ticket from the website for appearing for ISAT 2012 by logging onto the site using his/her login id and password.
- No hard copy of the Hall Ticket will be issued by ISAT 2012 office by post.
- The Hall ticket will bear the Name, Roll Number, Date of Birth, Address, Category of the candidate along with the details of allotted Test Centre to the candidate and space for affixing his/her colour photograph and signature on the Hall Ticket. Please note that the Roll Number and Registration number allotted to a candidate are different.
- On printing, the candidate should carefully examine the Hall Ticket for the correctness of all the entries made therein. In case of any discrepancy, the candidate should inform the ISAT 2012 office immediately.
- The candidate must paste a recent passport size colour photograph on the space provided on the Hall Ticket.
- The candidate must affix his/her signature on the space provided on the Hall Ticket.
- The photograph must be attested by the principal/head/in-charge of the school/college/institution last studied/studying.
- The Hall Ticket with the photograph pasted on it duly attested must be brought to the Test Centre at the time of the examination. Only those candidates, who hold valid Hall Ticket with photograph pasted on it and attested, will be allowed to appear for the Test. The candidate must report at the Test Centre at least 30 minutes before the scheduled commencement of the Test.
- The Invigilator on duty will collect the Hall Ticket on the day of ISAT 2012 admission test after verification.
- In case, a candidate is unable to download/print the Hall Ticket, the candidate must immediately contact the ISAT 2012 office through telephone or e-mail on or before end of March. After due verification, ISAT 2012 may issue appropriate instructions to facilitate the candidate to write the examination, subject to certain conditions. However, the candidate cannot claim this as a matter of right.
Identity Verification at the Test Centre
At the examination hall, the invigilator will verify the candidate’s identity with reference to his/her details on the Hall Ticket and those in the ISAT 2012 database. If the identity is in doubt, the candidate will not be allowed to appear in the Test. Any impersonation or other examination malpractices will lead to disqualification in ISAT 2012.