>> Important Exams
>> IIT JEE
>> IIT JEE Past Year Papers And Solutions
Time : 3 hours Max. Marks : 200 _______________________________________________________________________GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS
- Do not break the seal of the question paper before you are instructed to do so by the invigilator.
- This question paper is in two sections. Section I has 35 objective type question. Section II has 12 regular questions.
- Answer Section I only on the special machine-gradable OBJECTIVE RESPONSE SHEET (ORS) that is inserted in this booklet. Questions of Section I will not be graded if answered anywhere else.
- Answer problems of Section II in the answer book.
- Without breaking the seal of this booklet, take out the Response Sheet (ORS) for section I. Make sure that the ORS has the SAME QUESTION PAPER CODE printed on it as on the top of this page.
- Write your name, registration number and name of the Centre at the specified locations on the right half of the ORS for Section I.
- Using a soft HB pencil, darken the appropriate bubble under each digit of your registration number.
- The Objective Response Sheet will be collected back after 75 minutes have expired from the start of the examination. In case you finish Section I before the expiry of 75 minutes, you may start answering Section II.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SECTION I
- Question are to be answered by darkening with a soft HB pencil the appropriate bubble (marked A, B, C or D) against the question number on the left hand side of the Objective Response Sheet.
- In case you wish to change an answer, erase the of answer completely using a good soft eraser.
- The answer sheet will be collected back after 75 minutes from the start of the examination.
- There is no negative marking.
- Question numbers 1-25 carry 2 marks each and have only one correct answer.
- Question numbers 26-35 carry 3 marks each, and may have more than one correct answers. All the correct answers must be marked in these questions to any credit.
Logarithmic tables can be used.
Use of calculator is not allowed.
Useful data :
Gas constant, R = 0.Q82 L atm K–1 = 8.314 J K–1 mol–1
= 1.987 cal K–1 mol–1
1 Faraday constant = 96.500 C mol–1
Avagadro number, NA = 6.02 × 1023
Atomic number : Ni = 28
Relative atomic mass : H = 1;
CI = 35.5; Cr = 52; Cu = 63.5; Xe = 131
DIRECTIONS: Select the most appropriate alternative A, B, C or D in questions 1-25.
1. The electrons, identified by quantum numbers n and l, (i) n = 4, l = 1, (ii) n = 4, l = 0, (iii) n = 3, l = 2, and (iv) n = 3, l = 1 can be placed in order of increasing energy, from the lowest to highest, as:
(A) (iv) < (ii) < (iii) < (i) (B) (ii) < (iv) < (i) < (iii)
(C) (i) < (iii) < (ii) < (iv) (D) (iii) < (i) < (iv) < (ii)
| Next >>