IIT JEE Paper Analysis: Know what makes the Joint Entrance Exams of the IITs so competitive!
askIITians experts, being ex-IITians themselves, are always excited about IIT JEE paper analysis. Till 2012, Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) used to conduct their own entrance exam known as the IIT Joint Entrance Examination (IIT JEE). For admission to rest of the engineering colleges, students had to appear for AIEEE conducted by the CBSE or state-level entrance exams. The common single-window entrance test for all engineering colleges, which is known as JEE, was introduced only last year (in 2013). It has two steps:
- JEE Main, which is a modified version of AIEEE, and
- JEE Advanced, conducted only for admission to the IITs and ISM Dhanbad.
Close analysis of JEE Main 2013 and JEE Advanced 2013 analysis reveals important clues to the new paper pattern of the exams, types of questions asked in the exam, and difficulty level of these questions. Our experts also paid attention to marks distribution between topics taught in Class 11 and in Class 12 for different subjects.
Important Points of IIT JEE 2014 Analysis that we already know are:
Subject-wise Marks Distribution in Paper 1 & Paper 2 (Based on 2013)
- Subject-wise Marks Distribution in Paper 1 & Paper 2
- Category-wise Minimum Qualifying Marks for Ranking (MQMR) or JEE Cutoffs to be included in IIT JEE 2014 Merit Lists
Weightage to Different Types of Questions in Paper 1
Weightage to Different Types of Questions in Paper 2
All questions with negative marking will carry a penalty of -1 mark for wrong answer.
Category-wise MQMR or JEE Cutoffs to be included in IIT JEE 2014 Merit Lists
- Merit List for Preparatory Course will only be declared if number of eligible SC, ST and PwD candidates is less than 1.4 times the seats reserved for them at the IITs and ISM Dhanbad.
As soon as the exams get over, we will update this page with complete JEE Main 2014 Paper Analysis and JEE Advanced 2014 Paper Analysis.
To discuss more about how to use paper analysis to score more in IIT JEE, fill up the form below: