JEE Counselling Process & IIT JEE 2014 Counselling Dates
JEE Counselling Process will see a significant change from this year. Last year, separate counseling took place for the IITs and ISM Dhanbad (for students who cracked JEE Advanced) and NITs, IIITs, and other engineering colleges (for students who cracked JEE Main). Since the students who appeared in JEE Advanced exam were among the top rank holders of JEE Main Merit Lists, many of them received offers both from IITs and NITs. They chose one of the allotted seats. As a result, 600 seats at IITs and NITs fell vacant.
From this year, common counseling will take place for all government-funded engineering colleges. Hence, in the counseling of JEE 2014, all the students who have cracked JEE Main and JEE Advanced will be offered seats in a centralized manner. It will help eliminate the chances of discrepancies in seat allotment to students.
IIT JEE 2014 Counselling Schedule
- June 20 to 24, 2014
- Register for online counselling and fill course and institute choices.
- Register online for AAT 2014 (only for Architecture students)
- July 1, 2014
- Admit List & Wait List will be released after first round of seat allocation
- July 7, 2014
- Admit List & Wait List will be released after second round of seat allocation
- July 9 to 11, 2014
- Time to withdraw seats and get refund of provisional admission fees
- July 12, 2014
Admit List will be released after third round of seat allocation
according to the official JEE 2014 Counselling Schedule, seat allocation to various engineering colleges will take place in three rounds. Students are advised to check their status after each round of counselling. In many cases, seats get upgraded as per the availability of seats and number of eligible students for those seats.
Steps of JEE Advanced Counselling Process 2014
Only candidates who qualify JEE Advanced will get a chance to apply for the IITs and ISM Dhanbad.
Check out Minimum Qualifying Marks for Ranking (MQMR) for IIT JEE 2014!
Step 1: Online Registration for JEE Main & JEE Advanced Counselling
Eligible students will need to register separately for online counselling. IIT JEE 2014 counselling dates have been announced as June 20 to June 24, 2014.
Click here to register online at the JEE Online Counselling Portal!
You will be asked to fill in required details to generate User ID and password.
Step 2: IIT JEE 2014 Choice Filling
Candidates can choose from courses, branches and institutes from the given list in the order of their preference. Students are allowed to choose as many courses as they like and can add more courses, delete some and change the order of their preference, until they lock their choices. However, if students do not lock their choices by June 24, whatever choices they have made will be locked automatically.
- ISM Dhanbad does not accept female candidates in its Mining Engineering and Mining Machinery Engineering courses. If female candidates are interested in these courses, they can apply at IIT Kharagpur and IIT-BHU.
- Candidates interested in Architecture courses at the IITs need to pass an Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT). AAT 2014 will be conducted on June 26, 2014 at all the seven Zonal IITs. Students will have register online for AAT 2014 separately as well as indicate B. Arch at IIT Kharagpur or IIT Roorkee as their course choice during online counseling. AAT results will be declared by June 29, 2014.
Step 3: Seat Allotment
Seat allocation at various engineering colleges, including the IITs, will be done strictly on the basis of All India rank (AIR) and category rank of candidates and their course and institute choices.
Only JEE Advanced qualifiers will be eligible for admission to IITs and ISM Dhanbad this year. From next year, only single-step JEE exam will be conducted for all government-funded engineering colleges.
For ABC course in an XYZ engineering college, there are 50 seats. 250 students indicate their preference for the course. In such a case, for all the ‘Open’ or ‘General’ Category seats, student with the highest AIR will be selected, followed by the student with second highest AIR and so on. If SC, ST, OBC (NCL) or PwD students make it to these seats, they will not be considered a part of merit lists for reserved categories.
For reserved seats, students with top category ranks will be considered.
Highest AIR (or category rank in case of reserved category seats) of the chosen candidates is called the ‘Opening Rank’ for the course.
Lowest AIR (or category rank in case of reserved category seats) of the chosen candidates is called the ‘Closing Rank’ for the course. Students with rank below the Closing Rank will not be selected for the course.
Scores corresponding to the Closing Rank are known as JEE cutoff scores of that course.
Step 4: Reporting to Allotted Colleges
Once the seats are allotted, candidates should contact their Zonal IITs (if they are admitted to IITs) or their respective colleges immediately. Candidates need to be there in person for document verification and fee payment process.
Seats of candidates who fail to report to the Zonal IIT before the given deadline will be forfeited.
Students need to carry Originals and one attested copy of each of the following for document verification:
- Attested copy of the Passport with name, photo and nationality (for foreign nationals),
- Category Certificate (for OBC (NCL), SC, ST, PwD, and DS candidates) in the format prescribed in the IIT JEE Information Brochure,
- Duly filled Application Form (Annexure 1 of the Information Brochure),
- Duly filled Medical Examination Report (Annexure 2 of the Information Brochure),
- Mark Sheet and Certificate of Passing of Class XII or Qualifying Exam,
- Original Admit Card of the JEE Main or JEE Advanced exam (as applicable),
- Printout of the Seat Allotment letter,
- Date of Birth proof, which can be Class X certificate or Birth Certificate, and
- Registration Fees of Rs 60,000 in the form of Demand Draft. For SC, ST category students, registration fees will be Rs 20,000. DD should be drawn in favor of Organizing Chairman, JEE (Advanced)-2013, payable at New Delhi. It will be adjusted against the tuition fee which has to be paid at the time of admission.
Physical Fitness Requirements:
- At the time of counselling, students need to produce a physical fitness certificate from a registered doctor in the prescribed format. The fitness certificate should state that students are fit enough for the course in which are enrolling.
- Students of Mining Engineering, Mining Machinery Engineering, Petroleum Engineering and Integrated M.Sc programs in Geology and Geophysics need an additional certificate from a registered eye doctor stating that:
- They do not have any form of colour blindness, and
- They fulfill visual acuity standards as stated by DGMS Circular 14 of 1972 with or without glasses.
Do note that people with one-eyed vision are not allowed to work underground.
Step 5: Provisional Admission of Students
Once the documents of students are verified and they pay the initial fees, colleges issue a final allotment letter to students and they are granted provisional admission. However, if students fail to meet other eligibility criteria, their admission will be deemed cancelled.
Similarly, if their documents are found to be fake at any point of time, they will not only be told to leave college but may also face legal consequences.
To discuss about your JEE ranks and most suitable courses and institutes for you with ex-IITians and qualified engineers, fill up the form below: