>> IIT JEE
>> IIT JEE 2012
>> IIT JEE 2012 Preparation
IIT JEE 2012 Preparation
When to start preparing for IIT JEE 2012 Examination?
- Candidates should ideally start preparing in the beginning of standard 11th. If a student starts preparing in standard 12th, then he/she have to work harder due to additional preparation for 12th Board examinations. This will minimize the chances of getting a high rank in IIT JEE 2012 examination.
- Candidates are advised to understand the concepts.
A Few Tips for IIT JEE 2012
Revision of standard 9th syllabus
- Candidates should begin with revising basic concepts taught in standard 9th.
Study Important Topics
- Important Topics which are scoring and form the basis for other topics should be studied first such as Algebra, Mechanics and Stoichiometry and so on.
No room for Doubts
- Students must not have any doubts regarding any topic. Students should be inquisitive and should clear their doubts in order to be mentally confident while tackling any concept.
Regular Problem solving
- Students should practice problem-solving as it strengthens the concepts and increases mental sharpness for quick responses. Students must go step-by-step. Problems of medium difficulty should be solved initially. After having mastered them, students should solve the intricate ones.
Systematic Study Plan
- Students preparing for IIT JEE 2012 must have a systematic approach to studies. They must regularly study to have a complete understanding of concepts. Problems should be solved regularly for practice.
Do not Memorize Formulas. Understand them!
Tips for Problem Solving
- Instead of memorizing formulas and lessons, students should understand the derivations of the formulas and apply it to solve problems. Students should have a clear idea of all concepts and laws.
- Be analytical. Not intuitive.
- Choose a problem and try to solve it yourself.
- Try to understand what is given and what is required.
- Try to recall what principles, laws, equations may be involved. Don't see the solution as it doesn’t help you to learn. Give a second or third attempt before moving to the solutions.
Points to Remember
- Practice new questions similar to of IIT JEE Level.
- Preparing your 'Basics' well.
- Attempt a question fully. Do not jump from one question to another in hurry.
- Read the question carefully and then try to solve it. Do not start solving without realizing what is being asked.
- Time management is very important. Divide your time wisely.
- Prepare as per the given syllabus. Do not waste time on unimportant topics.
- Solve 30-40 problems for every topic or chapter. Also try solving quality and problems with new applications.
- You should have your own strategy.
- Fundamentals of concepts are top practiced, not memorized.
- Practice previous year's papers to have an idea of what types of questions are being asked in the exam.
- Try to complete the paper well before time in order to review your answers.
Best of Luck!