If an object is kept in front if a plane mirror and its image is getting formed. Now the mirror is rotated by angular velocity w about a point on the bottom of mirror(take mirror as a straight line for this with w in upward direction). And we have to find the velocity of image. Can i do this by stopping the mirror and by taking that the line joining object and the point of rotation is moving by w and the line joining image and the point of rotation is also rotating by w. Both in opposite direction. After a that i stop the line joining object and point of rotation . Hence now the line joining image and point of rotation rotates by 2w.hence now this velocity of image is actually velocity of image with respect to object.is this true????. As i am getting right answer always but someone told me that we cannot take relative omega(angular velocity). 18 days ago

If an object is kept in front if a plane mirror and its image is getting formed. Now the mirror is rotated by angular velocity w about a point on the bottom of mirror(take mirror as a straight line for this with w in upward direction). And we have to find the velocity of image. Can i do this by stopping the mirror and by taking that the line joining object and the point of rotation is moving by w and the line joining image and the point of rotation is also rotating by w. Both in opposite direction. After a that i stop the line joining object and point of rotation . Hence now the line joining image and point of rotation rotates by 2w.hence now this velocity of image is actually velocity of image with respect to object.is this true????. As i am getting right answer always but someone told me that we cannot take relative omega(angular velocity).

18 days ago

Grade:12

0 Answers

No Answer Yet!

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free