Shows two plane mirrors and an object O placed between them What will be the distance of the first three images from the mirror M2?

Shows two plane mirrors and an object O placed between them What will be the distance of the first three images from the mirror M2?

Grade:12

1 Answers

Ramesh V
70 Points
14 years ago

When the two mirrors are aligned at a 0-degree angle with each other (i.e., a parallel mirror system), there are an infinite number of images. Each image is the result of an image of an image, or an image of an image of an image. The diagram below shows the multiple images for a parallel mirror system. Images I1 and I2 are primary images; I1 is the image resulting from the reflection of the object O across mirror M1 and I2 is the image resulting from the reflection of the object O across mirror M2. Image I3 is an image of image I1, found by reflecting image I1 across mirror M2. Image I4 is an image of image I2; found by reflecting image I2 across mirror M1. This process could continue indefinitely, producing images of images for an infinite number of images.

4857-752_5850_u13l2f5.gif

--

regards

Ramesh

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free