Q.The focal length of a biconvex lens is 10 cm.Find the radius of carvature.When we apply the formula R=2f,we get 20 cm,but if we apply the lens maker formula we get 10 cm(taking R.I.=1.5) .Please explain these contradictory results.Please help!!!

FROM

Sunindra Kanghujam

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Wave Optics

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
WHAT IS HUYGINS PRINCIPLE

The first person to explain how wave theory can also account for the laws of geometric optics was Christiaan Huygens in 1670. At the time, of course, nobody took the slightest notice of him....

Vishnu M J 5 months ago

The principle that any point on a wave front of light may be regarded as the source of secondary waves and that the surface that is tangent to the secondary waves can be used to determine...

Indu 5 months ago

Huygins principle states that every point on a wave front is a source of wavelets,which spread fore ward at the same speed.

sivakrishna 6 months ago
A thin prism is made of a material having refractive indices 1.61 and 1.65 for red and violet light. The dispersive power of the material is 0.07. It is found that a beam of yellow light...

Sol. Given that, μ base r = 1.61, μ base v = 1.65, ω = 0.07 and δ base y = 4° Now, ω = μ base v - μ base r/ μ base y – 1 ⇒ 0.07 = 1.65 – 1.61/μ base y – 1 ⇒ μ base y – 1 = 0.04/0.07 = 4/7...
  img
Aditi Chauhan 3 months ago

Given that, μ base r = 1.61, μ base v = 1.65, ω = 0.07 and δ base y = 4° Now, ω = μ base v - μ base r/ μ base y – 1 ⇒ 0.07 = 1.65 – 1.61/μ base y – 1 ⇒ μ base y – 1 = 0.04/0.07 = 4/7 Again,...
  img
Jitender Pal 3 months ago
WHAT IS POWER FACTOR? WHAT R THE APPLICATIONS OF POWER FACTOR ?

The power factor of an AC electrical power system is defined as the ratio of the real power flowing to the load , to the apparent power in the circuit and is a dimensionless number between...

rishabh one year ago

"Power factor" term signifies in the field of Electrical Engineering,"how much of true power is distributed or dissipated with in the load" P=VI Cos 0 Here Cos 0 signifies power factor...

VAMSIKRISHNA NELLI 9 months ago
The heat generated in a circuit is given by H = I 2 Rt joule where I is current, R is resistance and t is time. If the percentage errors in measuring I, R and t are 1%, 2% and 1%...

( error in H) /H= 2*(error in I)/I +( error in R)/R +( error in t)/t %error in H = 2*1+2+1 =5% Thanks & Regards Saurabh Singh, askIITians Faculty B.Tech. IIT Kanpur
  img
Saurabh Singh 7 months ago

MAXIMUM ERROR IN MEASURING HEAT ?H/H X 100 = 2 X ?I / I X 100 + ? R / R X 100 + ? T / T X 100 = 2 X 1 + 2 + 1 = 5 THANKS &REGARDS kamlesh kumar askiitians faculty
  img
Kamlesh Kumar 7 months ago
Can centripetal force be produced by non uniform circular motion?

Hello Student, Centripetal will be produced by non-uniform circular motion. in the formula a=v^2/r v is the instanstaneos velocity so it doesn’t matter if its changing in a non uniform...
  img
Arun Kumar 2 months ago
View all Questions »