Q.The focal length of a biconvex lens is 10 cm.Find the radius of carvature.When we apply the formula R=2f,we get 20 cm,but if we apply the lens maker formula we get 10 cm(taking R.I.=1.5) .Please explain these contradictory results.Please help!!!

FROM

Sunindra Kanghujam

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Wave Optics

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
The speed of the yellow light a certain liquid is 2.4*10^8ms^-1.Find the refractive index of the liquid.

the refractive index is such that the (actual velocity )/(found velocit) thus rf=1.25 aproove by clicking yes below

rishabh one year ago

Reffactive index(n)= velcity of light in vaccum(C) / velocity of ligth in medium(v) n=3*10^8/2.4*10^8 n=1.25

srinu kummari one year ago
What is len s maker equaion

lense maker equation in general is 1/f =(n1/n2 -1)(1/R2-1/R2) where n1 is refractive index of lens material n2 is R.I. in which lence is immersed(medium).

G.Rajashekar one year ago

1/f = (n1/n2 -1)(1/R1-1/R2)

Raj one year ago

sri one year ago
what is a real image?

IF THE REFLECTED RAYS INTERSECT THEN THAT POINT OF INTERSECTION IS CALLED REAL IMAGE .

dheeraj 2 months ago
if you slice a bar magnet in half, what do you get?

When you cut a bar magnet in half there will be two magnets. Each magnet will have a north and south pole. If these magnets are continuously cut in half, smaller magnets will be produced...
  img
Sher Mohammad 5 months ago
An electron moving along the x axis has a position given by x=16te -t m, where t is in seconds . How far is the electron from the origin when it momentarily stops ?

Dear student, We can find the velocity of the electron being given by: If the electron momentarily stops, then Since isnt possible, so we have t=1. Thus, the distance from the origin would...
  img
Sumit Majumdar 3 months ago

thank u . It didn’t strike me to differentiate .

Pushkala Krishnan 2 months ago
A body of mass ‘m’ is joined to a very heavy body by a light string passing over a light pulley.Both bodies are free to move.Total downward force on the pulley? Ans.4mg

Dear student, Please tell us the mass of the heavy body else we cannot find the net downward force on the pulley. The reason we need the mass of the heavier body as well because the net...
  img
Sumit Majumdar 2 months ago

The question is correct and involves limit taking,Let the masses be m1 and m2,, (m1 Just do remember the tension in either of the string connecting the masses is 2(m1)(m2)g/(m1+m2) divide...

shashi K Sharma 2 months ago

Yes,but the answer given was 4mg....I doubt the answer because ‘m’ is the small mass and how the tension can be in small mass terms when it is given that the other body is a very heavy mass?

Visisht 2 months ago
View all Questions »