Q.The focal length of a biconvex lens is 10 cm.Find the radius of carvature.When we apply the formula R=2f,we get 20 cm,but if we apply the lens maker formula we get 10 cm(taking R.I.=1.5) .Please explain these contradictory results.Please help!!!

FROM

Sunindra Kanghujam

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Wave Optics

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
what is the minimum size of a plane mirror to see full image of an observer of height h?

h/2 of observer`s height

surendra 7 months ago

can u give me the proof?

anusha 7 months ago
What are coherent sources ? Please explain.

For observing interference phenomenon coherence of light waves is a must. For light waves emitted by two sources of light , to remain coherent the initial phase difference between waves...
  img
Apoorva Arora 4 months ago
monochromatic light with the wavelength ? falls on the diffraction grating with the grating constant d=6? . at what angle will the third diffraction maximum be observed?

please let me know the wavelength. if wavelength is known then we can use d*sin theta = n lambda where d = 6 , n =1 and value of lambda and we can calculate the angle theta Thanks &...
  img
Nirmal Singh. 8 months ago

hello :) the question like this , i need all the levels that solve it monochromatic light with the wavelength ? falls on the diffraction grating with the grating constant d=6? . at what...

Diana 8 months ago
a projectile is fired such that it touches the vertices of regular hexagon of side ‘a’ . What is the range of projectile ?

Dear student, Please draw the figure for the question. The projectile cannot touch all the 6 sides of the hexagon. It can touch at the most 3 vertices of the hexagon. Depending upon from...
  img
Sumit Majumdar 3 months ago
A voltmeter has a resistance G and range V. Calculate the resistance to be used to extend its range to nV.

To extend the range of a voltmeter we add a resistance of more value in series with the meter. value of added resistance(shunt) R s =R m +V'/I m Here V' is the new range, R m is resistance...
  img
Sher Mohammad 5 months ago

The we require n resistance so , total resistance is nG
  img
Sher Mohammad 5 months ago
In photo electic effect we assume the photon energy is proportional to its freq. And is completely absorbed by the electrons in the metal. V > Vo then 1. Decreases when freq. Of phton...

As far as photoelectric effect is concerned it doesn't depend on intensity of light. It only depends on frequency. Arun Kumar IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 6 months ago

You didn’t make your question clear. You didn’t ask about photocurrent.

Arun Kumar 6 months ago

ans is 3 does not match your answer

Shivam 6 months ago
View all Questions »