ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Q.The focal length of a biconvex lens is 10 cm.Find the radius of carvature.When we apply the formula R=2f,we get 20 cm,but if we apply the lens maker formula we get 10 cm(taking R.I.=1.5) .Please explain these contradictory results.Please help!!!

FROM

Sunindra Kanghujam

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Wave Optics

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
An astronaut is looking down on earth’s surface from a space shuttle at an altitude of 400km. Assuming that the astronauts pupil diameter is 5mm and the wavelength of visible light is 500nm...

The question should state the object location. Assume it to the earth surface. Practical formula for eye’s limit of resolution = Linear size of object / Distance to object is equal to 1.22 *...

Manas Bondale 5 months ago
Why two individual sources can never be coherent? (Wave theory).

To understand why two separate light sources cannot be coherent, let us first consider the meaning of the term coherent sources . Two sources are said to be coherent if the phase difference...

Ajaykrishnan Jayagopal 6 months ago
what is resonance?please explain?

Resonance or mesomerism is a way of describing delocalized electrons within certain molecules or polyatomic ions where the bonding cannot be expressed by a single Lewis formula. A molecule...
  img
Suraj Prasad 3 months ago
If we increase the length of resonance tube by 100 times, what will b its effect on the frequency of sound heard by the observer?

If you need further help, feel free to reach me on my gmail : amit1235813 I am an IIT Madras alumnus, would love to help

Amit Saxena one year ago

frequency is inversely proportional to length

Amit Saxena one year ago

thnk u so much ...... sure ,.....

raghasri raghavan one year ago
View all Questions »