Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Statistics and Probability
  • View Details
Get extra R 150 off

1]If A = B+C and the magnitude of A, B and C are 5,4,3 unit, the angle between A and B is :

(a)cos-13/5                          (b) cos-14/5

(c)π/2                                    (d) sin-1 3/5

2] Unit vector parallel to the resultant of vectors 4i – 3j and 8i + 8j and 8i + 8j will be:

(a) (24i+5j)/13                   (b) (12i+5j)/13

(c) (6i+5j)/13                      (d) none of these

3] A force of 6 N and another of 8 N can be applied together to produce the effect of a single force of:

(a) 1 N                   (b) 11 N

(c) 15 N                 (d) 20 N

4] Two vectors having equal magnitudes A make an angle ? with each other. The magnitude and direction of the resultant are respectively:

(a) 2Acos ? /2, along bisector

(b) A cos ?/2, at 45 from one vector

(c) A cos ?/2, along bisector

(d) A sin ?/2, along bisector

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Anand

1. A-B=C square both sides

25+ 16-40 cos@=9  , cos@=32/40 = 4/5 ans b

2. resultant vector sum of all three = 20i + 13j  hence d

3. resultant square= 36 + 64 + 96 cos@= 100 + 96 cos@ range 4 to 196 

resultant 2 to 16 answer b

4. R2= 2A2 + 2A2 COS@= 2A2 (1+COS@)=2A2 2COS2@/2

R= 2ACOS@/2 option a

All the best.                                                           

AskiitiansExpert-IIT Delhi

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Vectors

how can i find d equation of a plane passing through an axis and at an angle to a given plane??
Use the equation L + lambda*P =0 and then use the one more condition that will be given in the question and you will get the answer
Sourabh Singh 5 months ago
Could you explain the concept of Stokes theorem and curl theorem please it is urgent!! I have already mastered the concept of divergence theorem so if u need tht to explain it to me then u...
Hi We cater JEE MAIN and advance syllabus. If you have doubts pertaining to JEE.Ask it and we will revert back to you.
Sourabh Singh 8 months ago
HiWe cater JEE MAIN and advance syllabus. If you have doubts pertaining to JEE.Ask it and we will revert back to you.PLEASE USE THIS OPPORTUNITY
what is cross product ?what is cross product of a and b?
cross product can b defined as the product of two quantities which have magnitude and direction. a*b=absin∂
DEEPTHI JANGA 7 months ago
PRODUCT OF TWO VECTORS IS CALLED AS VECTOR PRODUCT. AXB=(a2b3-a3b2)i-(a1b3-a3b1)+(a1b2-a2b1)k this the way to find cross product of two vectors
RIYAZSHAIK 7 months ago
Cross product can be defined as the product of two vectors having magnitude and direction and result is vector. a*b=absin∂
M.EBENEZER 7 months ago
What is the next number in series 1,3,7,25,103,? (i) 526 (ii) 521 (iii) 515 (iv) 509
I too feel the same but this question has been given in FIITJEE mental ability book for Udaya-I for class 8. In book its answer has been given as 521 but no logic has been given for it. If...
Akshit Khanna one year ago
1 * 1 + 2 =3 3 * 2 + 1=7 7 * 3 + 4=25 25 * 4 + 3=103 103 * 5 + 6=521 521 * 6 + 5=3131 Here the sequence is first multiply by 2 and then add 1 AND in the next number the reverse is following ...
Rudrajyoti Das 3 months ago
I feel that there is some mistake in the question since...there is no relation between the 4 th and 3 rd , 5 th and 4 th .. Please recheck the question.....
Shubham Kamleshbhai Patel one year ago
A circle passes through (2,1) and x+2y=1 is tangent to it at (3,-1). Find its equation
find the perpendicular distance from cenetr of circle to the given tangent. m = |x1 + 2y1 – 1|/|root(x1^2 + y1^2)| and equate it to root((x1-3)^2 + (y1+1)^2) = m {from distance formulae}...
Vikas TU 3 months ago
Find the indefinite integral of f(x) = (x^2 + 3)/((x^6)*(x^2 + 1)) ?
the answer is indefinite integral of f(x) = integral of(x^2 + 3)/((x^6)*(x^2 + 1)) -3/5x^5 + 2/3x^3 – 2/x – 2arctanx + c where c is an arbitrary constant
SREEKANTH 4 months ago
indefinite integral of f(x) = (x^2 + 3)/((x^6)*(x^2 + 1)) is : => -3/5x^5 + 2/3x^3 – 2/x – 2arctanx + c
Vikas TU 4 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Statistics and Probability
  • View Details

Get extra R 150 off

More Questions On Vectors

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts