There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Statistics and Probability
  • View Details
Get extra R 150 off

Respected sir,

I wanted to know that why current and pressures not considered vector though they have the directions.I read in H.C.Verma that there a third necessity for a quantity to be a vector that is they should add by vector algebra or triangle method.

Alright, but cant we take the addition of current and pressure as addition of two vector in same direction and hence cos theta=0.

if this is no, then vectors under the condition when they r parrllel shouldnt be considered vectors.

Aviral Anuragkumar Tripathi

Arryabhatta Batch

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

u are applying a condition on a condition. The vectors are defined in such a way that they add up by vector addition , watever be the case , even if they are at angle or the same line. But in the case of current and pressure, vector addition is not valid, if u consider the currents are in same direction then u are making a wrong assumption, coz its not the case.

u add up two currents in opp direction moving to a pt, they wont be added vectorially, they 'll just add up by simple mathematics.

U'll understand this better wen u study electric circuits , parallel resistances etc.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Vectors

Let A, B, C be 3 sets of complex numbers such that :- A = { z : |z+1| B = { z : |z-1| >= 1 } C = { z : |(z-1)/(z+1)| >=1 } (i) Number of points having integral coordinates in A∩B∩C are...
Hii I am helping you out in finding the area related to complex numbers. 1 It’s incomplete either equality of inequality must be there 2 Its the region outside the area of the circle...
Sourabh Singh 7 months ago
I want an proper algorithm to solve the problem?...................................
solution in the figure
Riddhish Bhalodia 5 months ago
angle between vectors a and b is 30 degrees between a and c is 60 degrees and between b and c is 45 degrees find angle between a and bXc assuming all to be unit vectors
there is some error in the question as all the angles wouldnt fit in one diagram (assuming all are in on plane.).you said the angle between a and b is 30 and between a and c is 60.. so...
Arjun Praveen 5 months ago
dear anant shandilya, i think answer to your question is 90 o . as you know the cross product of two vectors (which lie in the same plane)is perpendicular to the plane of given vectors...
Jai Katara 6 months ago
..........................,..................(just to reach minimum character limit
We are given that . Consider a prime that divides p. Then it has to divide q 2 r 2 i.e. it also divides at least one of q and r. Suppose the prime s divides p and q, but not r. Further let...
mycroft holmes 19 days ago
I forgot to add that since any prime that divides precisely two of p,q,r appears to eqyal power in the two numbers they will cancel out even in pq/r, qr/p, and pr/q. Hence only need to...
mycroft holmes 19 days ago
If f(x) is a polynomial and f:R->R such that f(2x)=f'(x).f''(x). Find f(3).
Here is my attempt to solution, let me know if it is correct........................................................................
Ajay 3 months ago
Suppose that f(x) is an infinite degree polynomial i.e. f(x)=exp(x), and satiesfied the given condition f(2x)=f’(x)f”(x). Thus the value of f(3)=exp(3).
Kumar one month ago
A ray of light coming from the point (1,2) is reflected at a point A on the y-axis and then passes through the point (5,3). What are the co-ordinates of point A?
Dear Student Here you should take three cases Case (1) Point is at origin, Case (2) Point is above origin (0,y) , y>0 Case (3) Point is below origin (0,y), y<0 And for all the three...
Vijay Mukati 3 months ago
Find the reflection of point (1,2) w.r.t y-axis. By simple geometry you will find that point of reflection of (1,2) i.e. (-1,2) , point A and (5,3) are collinear. So you can easily find the ...
Bhasker Goel 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Statistics and Probability
  • View Details

Get extra R 150 off

More Questions On Vectors

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts