Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 150 off

cos A + cos (A+B) + cos (A+2B)+…+ cos [A+(n-1)B] = cos [A+(n-1)B/2] sin nB/2 /sin B/2

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Sonam

S =cos A + cos (A+B) + cos (A+2B)+…+ cos [A+(n-1)B]

or S = Real part of [eiA + ei(A+B) + ei(A+2B)+…+ ei(A+(n-1)B)]

S = Re [eiA{1+ei(B) + ei(2B)+…+ ei((n-1)B)}]

= Re [eiA{1+ei(B) + {ei(B)}2+{ei(B)}3…+ {ei(B)}n-1) }]

=Re [eiA{{ei(B)}n-1}/{ei(B)-1}]

=Re [eiA{cosnB + isin nB-1}/{cosB + isinB -1}]

= Re [eiA{1-2sin2nB/2 + i2sin nB/2 cosnB/2  -1}/{1-2sin2B/2 + i2sinB/2 cosB/2  -1}]

=Re [eiA{-2sin2nB/2 + i2sin nB/2 cosnB/2 }/{-2sin2B/2 + i2sinB/2 cosB/2  }]

=Re [eiA2isin nB/2{ cosnB/2 +isin nB/2 }/2isinB/2{cosB/2 +isin B/2  }]

=Re [sin nB/2 (cosA+isinA){ cosnB/2 +isin nB/2 }/sinB/2{cosB/2 +isin B/2  }]

=sin (nB/2)  /sin(B/2) Re [ cos(A+(n-1)B/2) +isin(A+(n-1)B/2)

compair real part

S =cos [A+(n-1)B/2] sin nB/2 /sin B/2

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Trigonometry

How to find value of tan 10° ???????????????????????????
@ vaibhavi u can do it by graphical method . take a graph paper and draw a horizontal and vertical line at one cornor . from the end of horizontal line draw a line making angle of 10 degree ...
Umakant biswal one month ago
In a right angled triangle the hypotenuse is four times as long as the perpendicular drawn to it from the opposite vertex. One of the acute angle is a)15° b)30° c)45° d) none of these
So let the triangle of sides ab, bc and ac, where ac is the hypotenuse of side 4x and the opposite perpendicular side ab is x . Let the angle you needs to find is y. Sin(y) = opposite /...
Sakshi one month ago
Sorry but I didn`t get the language plz explain it in english And explain it step by step............... ...............
Vaibhavi one month ago
c is the answer euto erouh kjghuf oeifdhiv oasidjfh pofhr vjdfbf uerhg iknf lfiisrn liedvnnv lrinjf fdsjkfj vdfkjns sdljnf lsdfof ilfeki
uortoiei one month ago
i do not understand the example 4 in the ssp of trigonometry , video 5
@ zeel kindly include the question as a attachement of write the full question , beacuse i currently donot have ssp , and also there are many chapters of trigo. which chapters u are talking ...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
y=x-(x"2)/2+(x"3)/3-(x"4)/4+......PROOF THAT,,[ (1+x)dy/dx=1]
there are two ways..... 1> the given function is ln(1+x)=y (by taylor series) … 2> differentiate on both sides then use.... 1 – x + x^2 …..=1/(1+x) by infinte gp formula...hope it helps
rishabh 17 days ago
Which property used for above solution i didnot understand clearky pls clarify me
Dear student Your question is not complete.Please type the correct question in order to get a to-the-point answer.
Bhavya 6 months ago
Hii Your question is incomplete.Kindly repost the question and we will get back at you
Sourabh Singh 6 months ago
Pl type the complete question..
Saurabh Kumar 6 months ago
From the point A(0,3) on the circle x^2 + 4x + (y-3)^2 =0 a chord AB is drawn & extended to a point M such that AM=2AB . The equation of the locus of m will be?
This is the equation of given circle So, centre is (-2,3) and radius = 2 Now Let M(h,k) AM=2AB Now B is the midpoint of A and M So Now we know that apply this condition and you will get the...
Nishant Vora one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 150 off

More Questions On Trigonometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn