Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 150 off

In a right angled triangel the hypotenuse is four times as long as the perpendicular drawn to it from the opposite vertex .One of the acute angel is

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

c2 = h2 + (a-x)2

b2 = h2 + x2

on adding, we have  2h2 + x2 + (a-x)2 = a2 ..(1)

also a = 4h  and cos B = b/a = x/b

so x = b2/a

on solving (1), we have  h2 + x2 -4hx = 0

substituting above gives

b4 + a4/16 -a2.b2 =0 .. (2)

as cos B = b/a

on solving eqn. (2) we have ,  Cos2B = 0.933 or 0.067

Cos B = 0.966 or 0.259

B = 15 or 75 degrees

as B is acute , B is 15 degrees

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Trigonometry

Largest gp between 100 and 1000 hhjjvfgkljddjlkddfhllngjmhjjdeh
@ ankit kindly recheck the query and do get back to us . your question is actually not understandable . post the question again in the forum WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN ALL THE BEST ..
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Hi,my 10 th sa1 board exam will start on next month. the lesson ‘trigonometry’is very difficult for,how can i perform well in board exam about the questions related to trigonometry?
@ jason No , i dnt think that trigonometry is at all difficult in class 10 . as far as class 10 sa1 exams are considered then u have only to remember the trigonometry identity and also...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
trigonometry is not at all hard as actual trigo comes in class 11 and 12. For class 10 th level you just prepare the NCERT well and for further questions you can log on to...
Nayan sharma 2 months ago
Trigonometric ratios and identities...these two questions in the image...please help
19. (x + z) / 2 = y as x, y, z are in APUsing identities sinC - sinD in numerator and cos C - cosD in denominator, the expression becomes:Numerator: 2 cos[ (x + z) / 2 ] sin[ (x - z) / 2...
Faiz 14 days ago
|sinx|​÷cosx+|cosx|÷sinx how to find the period of function
I think the answer is 2pi because |sinx| period is pi and also |cosx| period is pi when we add we get 2pi
monu kumar 3 months ago
Is there any direct formula relating the sides of a triangle and it's area in vectors
the area of a triangle in vector form is A=|ab*ac|1/2 for any queries send me mail to my username ths is given in some book that is the area of a triangle in vector form if it is wrong iam...
Rock Guitarian 10 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 150 off

More Questions On Trigonometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn