coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 120 off
USE CODE: MOB20

If m= sin6x + cos6x, then m belongs to the interval

(a) [7/8, 5/4]  (b) [1/2 , 5/8]  (c) [1/4,  1]

Explain pls...

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

m=sin6x+cos6x=(sin2x+cos2x)(sin4x+cos4x-sin2xcos2x)

as a3+b3=(a+b)(a2-ab+b2)

we know that,

sin2x+cos2x=1

m=((sin2x+cos2x)2-3sin2xcos2x)

m=1-3sin2xcos2x

m=1-3/4(sin2x)2

we know 0<=sin2A<=1,

so -1<=-sin22x<=0 multiply with -1,

-3/4<=-3/4(sin22x)<=0 multiply with 3/4,

1/4<=1-3/4(sin22x)<=1 add 1,

1/4<=m<=1

therefore "m" belongs to[1,1/4].

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

tan(0)+tan(180)

SEELA YUVARAJU 7 months ago

SAI SARDAR 7 months ago
how to convert various trigonometrical identities to their inverse form?Also list various formulas in trigonometry. for eg.=tan80-cot10 =cot(90-80)-cot 10 =cot 10-cot10 =0

Hii Follow the definition of inverse functions and you will get the answers and understanding of Inverse Trigonometric functions
  img
Sourabh Singh 3 months ago

how to convert various trigonometrical identities to their inverse form?Also list various formulas in trigonometry. for eg.=tan80-cot10 =cot(90-80)-cot 10 =cot 10-cot10 =0

siva prasad reddy 2 months ago

HiiFollow the definition of inverse functions and you will get the answers and understanding of Inverse Trigonometric functions thank you friends

siva prasad reddy 2 months ago
How to prove tan A = 2 tan B + cot B Thanks for the help in advance.

Dear Achal, Very sorry, for at first I thought you were a 10 th grader. As I am one, I thought simple maths would help. But considering the fact that you are an 11 th grader, there does...

Arun 6 months ago

Thanks, Arun. If you google "2 tan b + cot b" the very first link is JEE Main Mathematics by Prem Kumar, and clicking that link will bring you to the problem. The other book is Mathematics...

Achal 6 months ago

Dear Achal, Then I am sorry, because as far as I know it would not be possible to solve the question. But, if you can say which textbook you are referring to, then maybe I may be of help.

Arun 6 months ago
if points wid position vectors 60i+3j,40i-8j,ai-52j are collinear find a

Dear Student, You mark this points on coordinate axis having i and j directions perpendicular. Now since this points are collinear and thus the solve will be equal between them. You this...
  img
Vijay Mukati 5 months ago
∫1+tanxtan(x+a)dx

We know that, tan(c-b) = (tan c – tan b)/(1+tan c * tan b), So, (1+tan c * tan b) = (tan c – tan b) / tan (c-b), Put c= x+a, b=x, (1+tanx * tan(x+a)) = (tan(x+a) – tan x) / tan(x+a-x)...

Akshay 9 months ago
The dir cosines of two lines are related by l+m+n=0 & a(l)^2+b(m)^2+c(n)^2 = 0. the lines are parallel if (find relation b/w a,b,c)

Represent one in the form of other two. Then make a quadratic and frame a relationship between the other two in order to get the answer. If dr’s are proportional then the lines are...
  img
Sourabh Singh one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off
USE CODE: FC30

Get extra R 120 off
USE CODE: MOB20

More Questions On Trigonometry

Ask Experts