If m= sin6x + cos6x, then m belongs to the interval

(a) [7/8, 5/4]  (b) [1/2 , 5/8]  (c) [1/4,  1]

Explain pls...

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

m=sin6x+cos6x=(sin2x+cos2x)(sin4x+cos4x-sin2xcos2x)

as a3+b3=(a+b)(a2-ab+b2)

we know that,

sin2x+cos2x=1

m=((sin2x+cos2x)2-3sin2xcos2x)

m=1-3sin2xcos2x

m=1-3/4(sin2x)2

we know 0<=sin2A<=1,

so -1<=-sin22x<=0 multiply with -1,

-3/4<=-3/4(sin22x)<=0 multiply with 3/4,

1/4<=1-3/4(sin22x)<=1 add 1,

1/4<=m<=1

therefore "m" belongs to[1,1/4].

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Trigonometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
In a triangle ABC the value of acosA+bcosB+cCosC/a+b+c is equal to (A) r/R (b)R/2r (C)R/r (D)2r/R

Hi, Follow the steps to reach the answer : Apply the cos formula in terms of S, a, b, c. Now rearrange the three terms and apply the formula which will connect R & r to S, a, b, c. You...
  img
Yash Baheti one month ago
If sinx+siny=root3(cosy-cosx) Prove that sin3x+sin3y=0.

Hello students, please check the solution of your question given below: sinx+siny = root3 ( cosx-cosy) 2sin(x+y/2)cos(x-y/2) = root3 {2sin(x+y/2)sin(y-x/2)} sin(x+y/2)[cos(x-y/2)-root3....
  img
Sunil Raikwar 2 months ago

Dear student, According to the given relation, we would have: If we multiply both sides by a factor of 4, we get: This on simplifying gives us: If the right hand side can be simplified to...
  img
Sumit Majumdar 2 months ago
solve for x sin3x *sin(cube) x +cos3x *cos(cube) x=0

Hello Student, sin3x *sin^3 x +cos3x *cos^3 x=0 tan3x*tan^3x=0 =>tan3x=0 union tan^3x=0 =>3x=n*pi union x=n*pi
  img
Arun Kumar 3 months ago

please give some easy method as i am in class 11 th this iss going above my head or can u just explain it

rashmi 3 months ago
What is magnitude? Give me full detail about this.

Magnitude refers to the real no. value. eg. magnitude of 3i+4j+2k = root (3^2+4^2+2^2) = root(29) = 5.38

G Ashwin - one year ago

Magnitude is defined as the value of a physical quantity.For example if a body is travelling with a speed of 5m/s,then the magnitude of the speed is 5.Magnitude is often represented like...

Karan Malhotra 2 years ago

our teacher say that magnitude is not size or length.He want to talk with you.Please give me your mobile number or full detail about magnitude, that satisfy our teacher.

vikash kumar one year ago
If p(x) be a polynomial of degree 3 satisfying p(−1) = 10, p(1) = −6 and p(x) has maximum at x = −1 and p′(x) has minima at x = 1. Find the distance between the local maximum and local...

Hello Student, Let the polynomial be p(x)=ax^3 +bx^2 +cx+d p(-1)=–a + b – c + d = 10 p (1) = a + b + c + d = –6 p'(-1)=3a – 2b + c = 0 p''(1)= 6a + 2b = 0...
  img
Arun Kumar 3 months ago
the sum of series :∑I/n 2 +2n fron n=1 to n=infinite is?????

Dear student, Thanks for your post. = = – = * ( - + – + – + …........) Now, all terms cancel out except 1 and ½, and since, n = infinity, last term tens to...
  img
Shobhit Varshney one month ago
View all Questions »