Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 150 off

1)Why is it that

sigma [ k=1 to (n-1) ] cos [2k(pi)/n] = -1 ????                     

2) Could you suggest any approach for this one ? 

let n be an odd integer. If

sin [n(theta)] = sigma [ r=0 to n ] b (subscript r ) [sin (theta)]^r

then find the value of "b subscript 0 " and "b subsript 1 "

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

consider the eq.

x n -1 = 0

this eq. will have n roots,  which will be the n th roots of unity,

x = 1

x n  =   e i2¶k

x =  e i2¶k/n

where k goes from 0  to n-1

x=   1,  e i2¶/n  ,e i4¶/n ,e i6¶/n .............................e i2 (n-1)¶/n

from the analysis of eq . we can tell that sum of all the roots will be 0 ,becoz the coeff. of  x^(n-10 is zero here

1+e i2¶/n  +e i4¶/n +e i6¶/n ............................+.e i2 (n-1)¶/n    =0

e i2¶/n  +e i4¶/n +e i6¶/n ............................+.e i2 (n-1)¶/n    = -1  hence proved

sin nØ =  b0  + b1 sinØ  + b2  sin2Ø + b3  sin3Ø.................................+ bn sin nØ

in this case , we can find the values of b0 ,b1, b2..........  by succesive differentiation of both the

sides & then putting  Ø =0 , in that eq.

for b0,

put Ø  = 0 , we get

b0 =0

for b1,

on diff. both the sides  & then putting Ø = 0, we get

b1 = n

for furthur coeff. we have to do furthur diff.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Trigonometry

Prove that tan suquare2/11plus tansquare 3pie /11 plus tansquare 4pie /11plus tan square 5 pie /11. Is equal to 55
Use formulae or identity, tan2A = 2tanA/(1-tan^2A) from here write, tan^2A = 1 – 2tanA/tan2A and apply by taking one by one. the problem would be get sort out to 55.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
SIR, How to find angle by using trignomtry tan,sin ratios angle=tan -1
ya we can use inverse trigo here if we have sinx = 1 then x = sin -1 1 Thanks
Nishant Vora one month ago
Prove that...... cosπ/15.cos2π/15.cos3π/15.cos4π/15.cos5π/15.cos6π/15.cos7π/15=1/2∧7
Please help me. I m not able to sovle this question.....................,...............................
ANKIT ANAND 29 days ago
could u plz answer the 21 st qstn of misc.exercise of chpt-5, class 12,ncert-“does there exist a function which is continous everywhere but not differentiable at exactly 2 points? justify.” ...
I answered exactly same questions for another user 3 days ago. Please check the answer for previous question under same topic.
Ajay 2 months ago
What happens to characteristics properties of quadratic equation if instead of x being real variable it is a complex variable properties like sum of roots& product of roots
Posting again as previous answer did not get posted correctly. The properties of roots of quadratic equation remains same even if the roots are not real
Ajay 3 months ago
are angular displacement,angular velocity and angular accleration vector?? if yes then what is its direction?? If the answer is explained then it will be approved
Yes , All three Are vectors. Angular Displacement has direction of ” ” ,Which is the angle between Radius of initial motion(where motion starts). But It is vector for small value of “ ”....
Kuldeep Pal one month ago
Yes all three are vectors,all three have direction perpendicular to the plane.(Even angular dispacement too,contradicting what above says).to find the direction,i.e inward or outward,what...
Piyush Behera 8 days ago
If you arent satisfied then you can ask here,and if you are then please approve the solution.To find direction you should know sense of rotation.
Piyush Behera 8 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 150 off

More Questions On Trigonometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn