Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 150 off

(d) Find the equations of the tangent plane and normal line to the surface 4 = xyz at the point  i+2j+2k.

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello student,
The equation of surface is F(x, y, z) = xyz – 4 = 0
Differentiating this equation partially w.r.t. x, y and z respectively
∂F/∂x = yz
∂F/∂y = xz
∂F/∂z = xy
Hence, at the point (1, 2, 2) we have
∂F/∂x = 4
∂F/∂y = 2
∂F/∂z = 2
Hence, the equation of tangent plane at (1, 2, 2) is
(x-1)4 + (y-2)2 + (z-2)2 = 0
So, 2x + y+z = 6
Equation of normal line at point (1, 2, 2) is
(x-1)/4 = (y-2)/2 = (z-2)/2
or (x-1)/2= (y-2)/1 = (z-2)/1
one year ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Trigonometry

sin^2 6°-sin^2 12°+sin^2 18°-sin^2 24°......15 solve it Urgent
Ajay, the complete qution isSolution is sin^2 6°-sin^2 12°+sin^2 18°-sin^2 24°..... upto 15 terms. sin 78°=0 sin 42°+sin 54°+ sin 66°+ + sin 18° sin 6°+ where )=0.5 (your required answer),...
Kumar one month ago
Not any people get my answer why. You can no give answer my question I am join this site
Vivek kumar 3 months ago
Hello If you want to get the solution quick you should post your question in clear manner. Its not clear what you wnat us to solve, and what does 15 at the end of question means?
Ajay 3 months ago
acos (theta) +b sin (theta)= c. Prove that asin (theta)+ b cos (theta)=+-(a^2+b^2+c^2)^(1/2)
Actually I think that the question is wrongly typed.It should probably go this way I think:acos⁡θ+bsin⁡θ=c, prove that a sin⁡θ-b cos⁡θ=±(a^2+b^2-c^2 )^(1/2)If this is the desired question,...
Aman 2 months ago
The minimum value of atan 2 x + cot 2 x equals the maximum value of asin 2 y + bcos 2 y where a and b are grater than 0. Then a/b is (a)2 (b)4 (c)6 (d)8 Please explain fully.
The minimum value is 2√ab but I can not understand how it came?
Mudit 2 months ago
Minimum value of atan 2 x + cot 2 x = > First convert them into sec and cosec. = a(sec^2x – 1) + (cosec^2 – 1) = a(1/cos^^2x – 1) + (1/sin^2x – 1) = 1/sin^2x + a/cos^2x – 2 = 1/(1-cos^2x) + ...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
There are 5 gun`s that when properly aimed and fired have respective probabilities of hitting the target as follows:0.5,0.6,0.7,0.8&0.9 one of the gun`s chosen at random aimed and fired what...
Each gun has a probability of 1/5 to get selected.Let the guns be A,B,C,&D having probability of hitting the target as 0.5,0.6,0.7,0.8 &0.9 respectively. Probability that the target is hit...
Gundeep Singh 15 days ago
Let S 1 = x 2 +y 2 -4x-8y+4=0 and S 2 be its image in the line y=x , find the equation of circle touching y=x at (1,1) and its radical axes with S 2 passes through the centre of S 1
Use all the informations given and follow the step line wise. First find the S2 circle eqn. For that first find the image of center of circle S1 along y=x. U can do this by solving the eqns ...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
what is vector
sai kumar one year ago
A vector is a quantity or phenomenon that has two independent properties: magnitude and direction. The term also denotes the mathematical or geometrical representation of such a quantity....
AJITH one year ago
A physical quantity , which has both magnitude and direction is called vector . Ex – force , velocity { not speed } , displacement { not distance } , accelaration , etc
sri tanish one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 150 off

More Questions On Trigonometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn