Answers : (1)

Dear Nishat,

L.H.S. = (sec 8A -1) / (sec 4A -1)
=> [(1 - cos 8A)/ cos 8A] / [(1 - cos 4A)/ cos 4A]
=> [2 sin² 4A / 2 sin² 2A] * [cos 4A / cos 8A]
=> [(2 sin 4A * cos 4A) * sin 4A / cos 8A] / [2 sin² 2A]

=> [(sin 8A / cos 8A) * sin 4A] / [2 sin² 2A]
=> tan 8A * (sin 4A / 2 sin² 2A)
=> tan 8A * (2sin 2A * cos 2A / 2 sin² 2A)
=> tan 8A * ( cos 2A / sin 2A)
=> tan 8A * cot 2A

=> tan 8A / tan 2A ==> R.H.S.

Hence proved

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum..

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Trigonometry

sin24°+cos6°=(√15+√3)/4 . prove that lhs =rhs. pls give the complete steps
Lhs=sin24°+cos6° =sin(90-66)°+cos6°. [We can write sin(90-66)°as cos(66)°.] We get lhs= cos66°+cos6° now just apply formula of cosC+cosD=2cos[(C+D)\2].cos[(C-D)\2] above.. We get...
Bhumiti one month ago
I can`t solve it i tried 1000 times i think i need help so please solve it quickly
I solved similar problem for another user, refer to link below
Ajay 2 months ago
Sorry, But your question is blurred in the attachment. Plz write it on discusion forum by typing if u can do this.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
sir could u pls solve the circled questions in this image the answers are 3,3,2 (correct options) but pls tell me the procedure
Answer for question 87 . will try to post answers for other question im separate posts…...............................
Ajay 3 months ago
Answer for question 88........................................................................................
Ajay 3 months ago
Ajay 3 months ago
What is bionamial series and what are use of this series
Hello Prabhakar In mathematics, the binomial series is the Maclaurin series for the function given by , where is an arbitrary complex number.
Gaddam Chethan 10 months ago
my dear in our mahe matics binomila series plays a very important role and it will helps us in engineering we need ro concentrate on that one.this is the main prat of this...
dear prabha....... if we expand the small pollynomial to the big and large pollynomial.then it is called binomial serice.with the help of binomial serice we find the solution of complex...
mohan 9 months ago
If a, b, c are real numbers and satisfy 1/a + 1/b + 1/c = 1/(a+b+c), then the value of ((1/a + 1/b + 1/c)^2007) - (2007 / ( a^2007 + b^2007 + c^2007 )) + ( 2006 / ((a + b + c)^2007 )) is :...
answer is b I don’t the proper method to solve this but you can solve it by this method. Take a=1, b=-1, c=1, then above equation is also satisfied. Value of expression = 1-2007+2006 = 0 So ...
manmath 8 months ago
I don’t the proper method to solve this but you can solve it by this method. Take a=1, b=-1, c=1, then above equation is also satisfied. Value of expression = 1-2007+2006 = 0 So the answer...
Anoopam Mishra one year ago
Please approve.
Anoopam Mishra one year ago
if a>0 ,b>0 ,c>0 and the maximum value of a(b 2 +c 2 ) +b(c 2 +a 2 ) +c(a 2 +b 2 ) is X abc ,then X is (a) 2 (b) 1 (c)6 (d) 3
From AM-GM inequality with equality when b=c. Repeat this for the other two terms and add and you will get RHS with equality when a=b=c
mycroft holmes 2 months ago
For Maximum value, of a(b 2 +c 2 ) +b(c 2 +a 2 ) +c(a 2 +b 2 ) every term needs to be maximum. = > that is considering a b c be triangle sides with a as hypotenuse for maximum for a(b 2 +c...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 150 off

More Questions On Trigonometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn