Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 150 off

If sin(A+B)=1/2 and cos(A+B)=1/2....find the least values for a and b....and find the most general solution for a and b

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Bindu,

Ans:- Let A+B=θ

Then according to the given conditions,

cos²θ+sin²θ=(1/4 + 1/4)=1/2≠1 Hence there is no solution

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.
win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum.

All the best Bindu !!!

Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Trigonometry

Prove that...... cosπ/15.cos2π/15.cos3π/15.cos4π/15.cos5π/15.cos6π/15.cos7π/15=1/2∧7
Please help me. I m not able to sovle this question.....................,...............................
ANKIT ANAND 27 days ago
1)prove that (cos x)cos(60-x)cos(60+x) = ¼ cos3x 2)sin 2x -sin5x + sin6x = 0
Use exopansion property of cos(A+B) and apply you will get the answer. Take sin5x on other side and then use the clubbing property of sinA+sinB.
Sourabh Singh 2 months ago
The value of sin(π+x)sin(π-x)cosec^2 x is equal to a)-1 b)0 c)sin x d)none of these
a is the answer... last equation comes as:-(sin^2 (pi)-sin^2 x)/sin^2 x :(0-sin^2 x)/sin^2 x........................(since,sin(pi)=0,so therefore sin^2 (pi)=0) : -1=A option
Shreyash Rane one month ago
Sorry but I didn`t get the language plz explain it in english And explain it step by step............... ...............
Vaibhavi one month ago
a is the answer oeufhberooivdjohnvioi ieruviv trigonometry oehuib keurfu oiwehicnbc oiebdbd iweugb voieruj weiie
uortoiei one month ago
There`s a line AB whose distance is given and coordinates of A are given as well. How to find the coordinates of B? I tried it by Distance formula but in the end I get a quadratic eqn in x...
Is the equation of any line given?If yes then use parametric form and then solve. You can also bring the coordinates of B completely in terms of x or y.
2017 years ago
Simple solution to integral of √sin(x-a)/sin(x+a) as per 12th class syllabus
write sin(x-a) as: sin(x + a – 2a) = sin(x+a)cos2a – cos(x+a)sin2a then think further. and relate to √sin(x-a)/sin(x+a).
Vikas TU 2 months ago
If |z|=2 then -1+5z lie on 1).circle 2).parabola . 3).hyperbola
Nishant Vora one month ago
z’ = 1+5z and so z’+1 = 5z which means |z’+1| = 5|z| = 10 which means z’ lies on a circle centred at (-1,0) and radius 10. Alternatively you can see that 5z takes all points on the circle...
mycroft holmes one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 150 off

More Questions On Trigonometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn